Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terry's Chocolate Orange Cheesecake

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 joan mack

I must try this out, My girls love chocolate cake, Let you know how it goes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 AE86girl

Hi sorry to be dragging this up again but I was google a chocolate orange cheesecake recipe & this came up & I noticed that people were asking for Mint aero cheesecake, I make this alot. Here is my recipe if anyone interested. (Makes a large cheesecake in a 9-12" tin,smaller the tin,higher the cake will be obviously,lol)

1 pk of digestive biscuits
    80g butter(approx,I add bit by bit)
    400g Philadelphia soft cheese
    500ml Double cream
    1 sachet of gelatine(blended with boiling water as instructions on packet)
    125g Icing sugar
    2 1/2 heaped tablespoons of mint aero hot chocolate powder
    5 bars of mint aero
    1 small box of maltesers
    Green food colouring
    Greased baking tin

1.Crush biscuits til crumbed, I put them in a doubled plastic bag & beat with rolling pin
    2.Melt butter in microwave for about 30 seconds or until melted(depends on watts of your own microwave)
    3.Mix biscuit crumbs & butter in a bowl then put in baking tin & push down til flat, put in fridge for 1 hour or I just stick it in freezer while Im doing rest of cake.
    4.Mix philadelphia cheese & icing sugar in a bowl on high speed til blended then add gelatine while mixing.
    5.Whip cream in a seperate bowl.
    6.Fold the cream with a wooden spoon into the cheese & icing sugar mixture then stir gently til completely blended together.
    7.Stir in mint aero chocolate powder.
    8.Gradually add the green food colouring while stiring well,I ended up using a whole bottle to get nice green colour.
    9.Chop up 4 bars of the mint aeros into pieces(I cut 1 square of chocolate into 2-3 pieces) & cut the maltesers in half, some will crumble to pieces,doesnt matter.
    10.Put all aero & maltesers into bowl with the mixture I stir in well.
    11.Put all the mixture in tin on top of biscuit base chop up other mint aero & put round cake,I also grated a wispa over the top of the cake, put in fridge for at least 2 hours, the longer its left the better it will be set.

Hope this helps someone.Sorry about photo, it was almost gone before I remembered to take a photo of the one I made last week.

060920111195.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 18 swinburne

That looks amazing!!

The idea to use the green colouring is excellent......my own recipe was ok, but the colour was a bit anemic.

Is the Aero powder easy to find?

I'll definitely give this a go (maybe over xmas).

I used a mix of Burbon biscuits and minty viscounts in the base for my recipe. Do you think that would work with your topping or is that too much mintiness?

Swinburne.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 AE86girl

Yea thought had crossed my mind when buying ingredients that nothing I was buying would colour it so I bought the green colouring to add to the whole mint idea,lol. If you like mint then im sure the viscounts would be fine in base, although it is quite heavy, but I suppose cheesecake is anyway, theres loads in my recipe to do at least 14 people coz I put round 15 pieces of mint aero chocolate on top so thats the way I sliced it that each slice had a choc on top, its very filling. Im gonna do it with bourbons & viscounts next time myself though.
    The mint aero chocolate powder can be got in any supermarket, think I got mine in tesco or dunnes.
    Hope you enjoy when you make it, post up to let me know how you got on.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

barrigone wrote: »
    Lidl, Tesco and Supervalu do fairtrade chocolate in mint flavour(cant remember exact brand name). I've made a after eight cake before delish! so you could try these too and also ive bought some peppermint essence which would help taste
    Em will have to try this weekend too i think :)

where did you get the peppermint essence??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Ki ki

After reading this thread last week I was dying to try out the Terry's Chocolate Orange cheesecake. When I went to buy ingredients however, the Kit Kat Chunkys seemed to be calling out to me. Picked up a handful (or 2), brought them home and turned them into the most delicious cheesecake I've ever had!

Here's how I did it...

Base
    4 (and a bit) KKC

Topping
    250g cream cheese
    225ml double cream
    4 KKC

1. Line a small cheesecake tin.
    2. Break the Kit Kats into the smallest pieces possible. I did this by keeping them in their wrappers and bashing them with a mug (new apartment = no utensils).
    3. Put 4 crushed bars into a microwaveable bowl and heat for approx. 30 seconds.
    4. When melted, transfer to cheesecake tin and press down. Do not refridgerate.
    5. Smooth cream cheese in a mixing bowl.
    6. In a seperate mixing bowl, whisk double cream till light peak stage.
    7. Add remaining broken Kit Kats to the double cream and whisk for a few seconds more.
    8. Add the double cream and KK mixture to the cream cheese.
    9. Smear the topping over the biscuit base. Refridgerate for 4 hours +.
    10. Decorate - I covered it with chocolate sauce and flaked the remaining half a Kit Kat over the top.
    11. EAT!

It was so simple to make and was really really delicious (though very rich). Only problem was the base was quite fine yet very difficult to cut (again, maybe due to my lack of decent utensils) so I'd served up a few portions of topping alone before I noticed the biscuit was still in the tin.

Enjoy smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

^ no pics?!

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Ki ki

It was gone too quickly ;)

Might try it again during the week and post pics then. Any excuse right?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

One never needs an excuse, my dear! ;)

Advertisement