Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

need to convert site

Options
  • 14-05-2010 3:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

hey all

i made a flash site,

my mate i made it for does not have flash on his computer, and thinks
    others will not, is there a way to covert the site to HTML?

CHEERS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

From G:
    Flashkeeper comes to mind. It'll convert flash to html. http://www.flashkeeper.com/fk/htmlconverter.htm
    You'll need to purchase the program. Alternately, for an online conversion, there's http://www.edit.com/structural-change-services/flash-to-html-conversion.html but it's a fee based service.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 derek2009_

cheers biko

for the fast reply

was bout to buy it, its a pc application and i am a mac man
    any other ways

-d

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Most people probably do have the flash plugin for their browser, but it's still generally a terrible idea to have a flash website.

The best way to convert it is probably doing it manually.

Edit - I would be dubious that the program linked to above does what it says it does - I don't know what they mean by this:
    With FlashKeeper, you can easily publish a flash movie to HTML format:
    You can set the HTML Title, backgroud color, properties, dimension, saving path, scale and quality and more.

Are they just allowing more parameters for a flash file to be specified in the HTML?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

I can't see any converter giving suitable results for a proper website, to be honest.....how would it do the animations and interactions ? Using loads of high-res stills ?

hey sorry i am new to all this web design stuff,
    how can i do it manually?

sorry its its a stupid question

-d

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

derek2009_ wrote: »
    how can i do it manually?

I presume the best way is to use the graphics to create a HTML / CSS version from scratch.

thats my weekend sorted!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

And then some, I'd say!

Personally, the only stuff I'd want to see in flash, would be things like videos, or application type things (e.g. flash games). Navigation etc should all use normal (X)HTML. Don't fall into the trap of doing flash navigation just because you can do lots of effects. Remember that CSS + HTML alone can do nice hover effects, and when you add the likes of JQuery into the equation, you can do a lot of nice things but the site will still not be dependent on a plugin.

Maybe have a look at some of the templates on www.oswd.org and see how a CSS designed site is put together.

cheers

really appreciate it

Advertisement