Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[Competition] Win a chance to experience the FBD Insurance Rás like never before

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭SubLuminal

Woo hoo!!

Very surprised to win but very pleased too! What a chance for a unique perspective on the ras, i'll make sure to keep everyone updated with regular updates from the team car and a big thanks to An Post and Ogilvy for the opportunity!

Hey folks, me again -

Have been advised I have a choice of which race to attend - so on the list so far are:

Stage 3, May 25th, Carrick On Shannon – Oughterard, 171 kilometres
    Stage 4, May 26th, Oughterard – Tipperary, 169 kilometres
    Stage 5, May 27th, Tipperary – Carrick On Suir, 175 kilometres
    Stage 6, May 28th, Carrick On Suir – Gorey, 127 kilometres
    Stage 7, May 29th, Gorey – Kilcullen, 154 kilometres

What would you guys suggest would be the most dramatic and exciting
    race, or the most beautiful scenery? I'm not sure which one to go for, what do you guys think?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 908 ✭✭✭coastwatch

Stage 7 looks like a nice day in the hills and has good viewing options at Glenmalure and The Wicklow Gap

Was thinking the last stage would be good too, get to watch the dramatic finish and such - don't think viewing location is too much of an issue as aparantly I'll be in the team car (!)

Anyone else got any ideas?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,657 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

It actually finishes on Sunday the 30th into Skerries, so the last stage is not on your list of options unfortunately

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

pity you cant go to the last stage as we are all invited back to Beasty's for a bbq (well thats what Rob Fowl told me anyway)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 241 ✭✭Dizraeligears

Youre havin a good week arent you Sub?First a frame and now this!

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,657 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

bcmf wrote: »
    pity you cant go to the last stage as we are all invited back to Beasty's for a bbq (well thats what Rob Fowl told me anyway)
    I thought you were providing the Cocaine,Strippers,Howling and Big Macs this year bcmf (well that's what RobFowl told me anyway)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,142 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Youre havin a good week arent you Sub?First a frame and now this!

Fix! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭fondriest

SubLuminal wrote: »
    Hey folks, me again -

Have been advised I have a choice of which race to attend - so on the list so far are:

Stage 3, May 25th, Carrick On Shannon – Oughterard, 171 kilometres
    Stage 4, May 26th, Oughterard – Tipperary, 169 kilometres
    Stage 5, May 27th, Tipperary – Carrick On Suir, 175 kilometres
    Stage 6, May 28th, Carrick On Suir – Gorey, 127 kilometres
    Stage 7, May 29th, Gorey – Kilcullen, 154 kilometres

What would you guys suggest would be the most dramatic and exciting
    race, or the most beautiful scenery? I'm not sure which one to go for, what do you guys think?!
    stage 6 is gonna be a cracker 7 climbs including the corrabutt gap which a real legbreaker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Last stage is great but not available which is a shame, I enjoyed that one last year with all the crowds in Skerries, so stage 6 for me, as mentioned before the Corrabutt is evil. Lots of action there. Stage 5 has a brutal finish on Seskin hill also and there will be a huge atmosphere down there so that would be a hot contender too, the turnout from the local clubs will be enormous. I am going to see that finish myself work permitting.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

This has to be one of the coolest things we've been approached to give away. Cant wait to hear how it goes (though you would want to choose quickly as tomorrow is the 25th!) :)

Make sure to keep us updated, I'm jealous and I havent been on a bike for a serious run ina decade!! :)

Congrats again mate, glad to see its gone to someone who is excited about it.

DeV

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 837 ✭✭✭denballs

oh .oh....sir........i know the answer

post man pat
    article-1056102-0011032300000258-233_468x462.jpg

because hes the most famous cyclist/post related person ever and has his own theme tune

Advertisement