Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cashconverters Question

Options
  • 14-05-2010 5:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭

Hi all,

I have a ps3, that is broken. It plays for like an hour then freezes. Something to do with the laser. Could i get away with selling this to the likes of cash converters as a working ps3? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭dotsman

Are you honestly asking us if we think you should commit this fraud?

Let's look at this the other way. Would think it's right to buy something and then have it break down an hour later? Would you not be on here complaining about how you were ripped off and that the seller is a dodgy criminal?

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭SD1990

hmm point taken..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Cash Converters are more than likely going to try it out before they hand over any bread.

Stick it on Ebay or Adverts.ie as "faulty" if you want to sell it as is without repairing it. If not you will end up with neg points or someone chasing after you. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭SD1990

How much do they go for faulty do you know? Id say in working condition its worth 200.. so - cost of getting it fixed which i was quoted at 100 is it then worth 100??

• Registered Users Posts: 12,039 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

SD1990 wrote: »
    How much do they go for faulty do you know? Id say in working condition its worth 200.. so - cost of getting it fixed which i was quoted at 100 is it then worth 100??

Well as others said, if you sell it to cash converters as "new" and it breaks quickly enough, they'll have your name and address etc so you won't really get away with it.

You'd probably get max 50-100 for a faulty PS3 depending on the model etc as you'd most likely be selling it for parts or as a refurb model (ie someone would be taking a risk to take it off you)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Guess who won't be able to sell much on Adverts anymore, seriously OP???

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

SD1990 wrote: »

Do a search on eBay for faulty/broken consoles - see what the going rate is

Advertisement