Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Day of Champions May 22nd

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Just wondering

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Just wondering

Sorry thought you were having a go :o

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

MvC2?

Team America ftw.

553171085_cd32b12c46_o.jpg

charlie-pf.jpg

captain-america.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Team America is flaming!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

A-Trak wrote: »
    Team America is flaming!

Thumbs up, soldier!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Please use HDR (the new standard), and ban Akuma because he's still a cheap whore.
    BlazBlue, I'll mash with style.
    Marvel, I'll just be jumping in with Cyclops and hope for the best.
    Soulcali... there's a reason I don't play that game anymore ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Speed Boat

This could be great fun. I like the idea of more games at casuals, and some small fun tourneys.

I'm all for it whatever games it is. Need to get MVC2 again. Love that game so so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Jaysus ramza your in srk.com mood today eh? hehehe :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Not sure I mentioned, but I've never played any of the other games mentioned (not even once), so if we were to pick between HDR and ST, HDR would be far more my preferred choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

As I said earlier, when i last set up HDR in XGC it didn't play right on the TV at all.
    It was the xbox with the space for the hard drive.
    You may want to check that (and MvC2) out.

• Advertisement

Sisko wrote: »
    Jaysus ramza your in srk.com mood today eh? hehehe :p

Well if by SRK mood you mean common sense then yes. Also don't see why there's a problem, we used 3s arcade on laptop no problem so I propose we use ST arcade on laptop too

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Ramza wrote: »
    Well if by SRK mood you mean common sense then yes. Also don't see why there's a problem, we used 3s arcade on laptop no problem so I propose we use ST arcade on laptop too

You want to run it, go ahead.

I was going to do it on stuff that I have handy. I didn't think anyone would get in a tizzy over a free ( or nearly free. you decide) tournament that's being run to allow people to play different games with a tournament vibe.

You have to remember, most of us never got past playing with our mates in our front rooms.

Orim wrote: »
    You want to run it, go ahead.

I was going to do it on stuff that I have handy. I didn't think anyone would get in a tizzy over a free ( or nearly free. you decide) tournament that's being run to allow people to play different games with a tournament vibe.

You have to remember, most of us never got past playing with our mates in our front rooms.

Orim I am genuinely sorry for maybe raining on your parade or putting down your effort etc

Ramza back down a bit man will yea , we're trying to build things up here. Orim doesn't wanna promise a platform he doesn't have himself. Which makes sense.

I can offer a laptop for the day but can't say for 100% sure if I can make this or not yet. Thus there's no point in him saying ST for sure if theres a chance I can't make it with my laptop.

Tis a pity we can't get HDR on the ps3s.

**edit**

Obviously this post was made before your one just there but I'll leave it as is anyway :p

:D

I know I sound like a f ucking ****** talking about which version of ST is best and all, but it DOES matter. I'm just a perfectionist at heart. And I know I maybe went a little OTT with the negative craic.. I know it's only for craic. I have AE on Xbox so can we lay it to rest and say AE with ST only :pac: (like Orim said on first page)

Edit : Also I'm pretty sure all the time conflicts come up on which version of ST is best etc, some say DC, some say CCC2, etc.

That's fair enough man I mean everyone respects blunt opinions , I know I do anyway. Just be eh... a little more ...sigh, approach it from a better angle. Like eh , Orims trying to get a flow going community/scene wise here, try and approach from a more, 'I can help you so you can do it this way if possible' style then a 'no your wrong , do it this way or its a waste of time' style way... yeah... if you get me...

bah..

lol. :pac:

Sisko wrote: »
    That's fair enough man I mean everyone respects blunt opinions , I know I do anyway. Just be eh... a little more ...sigh, approach it from a better angle. Like eh , Orims trying to get a flow going community/scene wise here, try and approach from a more, 'I can help you so you can do it this way if possible' style then a 'no your wrong , do it this way or its a waste of time' style way... yeah... if you get me...

bah..

lol. :pac:

I know and I agree, I did feel bad for being maybe a little discouraging etc. Yeah I totally agree Sisko, it was maybe too edgy my approach. I could of put my feelings about it across in a more positive and friendlier way :)

Anyway, this will be fun, personally I am not a fan of the other 3 games, but I am still going to enter for the craic and lulz :D

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Speed Boat

GET HYPE!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Ramza...AE IS NOT ST !!!1!

Hyper is the 6th and final Arcade release of SFII.

The Best of SFII if you will and is it's own game. You can have your issues with it but it is it's own game, just like HDR.

Ramza...AE IS NOT ST !!!1!

Hyper is the 6th and final Arcade release of SFII.

The Best of SFII if you will and is it's own game. You can have your issues with it but it is it's own game, just like HDR.

Yeah I know lol, but at Evo they use AE with ST characters, and in some other places too. Also we were talking about practicability too, and some of us have AE on disc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

I may be heading down home next weekend so if I'm passing through Dublin I'll pop in for some ST.

I'm not going to go into the argument all over again over HDR vs ST vs AE but I'd play any version on offer at this stage.:D

Credit to Orim for taking some initiative and trying to organise something,people will always try to find fault and be "hardercore than thou" but as a looong time ST player I welcome your efforts completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

How about DoA4 instead of SC4?
    Also, if your gonna have an AE disc, open the full roster, & let people choose ST characters only if they want. If some are unhappy, tough. Don't change it to make 1 or 2 people happy.

Sounds like fun i will try make it.

Xinkai wrote: »
    Also, if your gonna have an AE disc, open the full roster, & let people choose ST characters only if they want. If some are unhappy, tough. Don't change it to make 1 or 2 people happy.

I have SC4 plus I prefer SC to DOA.

Ramza made some good points. Having said that the whole debacle seems stupid to me so I think I'm going to make it WW characters only.

AE with ST only was decided pages ago
    Orim wrote: »
    I have SC4 plus I prefer SC to DOA.

Ramza made some good points. Having said that the whole debacle seems stupid to me so I think I'm going to make it WW characters only.

Yeah, like I said, I think I put my message across too harshly, instead of saying "Jesus, why this version!?" I should of made the same point but in a more professional manner :) But yeah, not to be picky but it mattters. The whole which version thing ended pages ago

Props again Orim :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

DoA4 has one of the worst saving bugs in existence, AND you have to beat the stupidly-hard boss with a lot of characters to unlock everyone.

Plus, it's just titties.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

@Ramza i wasn't talking about ST only i was saying if competitors want to use ST only characters as an individual thats well & good, but if i was to take part i would prefer to use HF characters myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭FoamyMushroom

Wheres this been held?!

cause I play MvC2 on stick.. wana show you all my mash style =]

Wheres this been held?!

cause I play MvC2 on stick.. wana show you all my mash style =]

Whoops, probably should've said.

It's XGC anyway.

@Ramza i wasn't talking about ST only i was saying if competitors want to use ST only characters as an individual thats well & good, but if i was to take part i would prefer to use HF characters myself.

Nah I object, and I don't want to get back on this crap again but please read through the last 4 pages where me and Orim discuss why

Thank You

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Are the old version characters in AE pickable like they are in ST?

As in the characters that you have to enter the code's to enter to unlock or is that even a feature in AE?

Advertisement