Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cyberbullying in GMIT

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

I was surprised by the content and tone of the article in the Galway Independent. If the problem was solely that they forwarded on a lecturer evaluation form it seems very hard to understand why they'd then settle out of court and pay a six figure sum to avoid going before the courts and making the details of the case public.

JustMary: i agree with you points about anonymous evaluations.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

it seems very hard to understand why they'd then settle out of court and pay a six figure sum to avoid going before the courts and making the details of the case public.
    It wasn't that "they" settled out of court.

Be it a six figure or seven figure some, it was probably easy to agree on when it was not the monies of any of the parties involved.

It was your money and my money.

Let's also be clear on one thing. No legal precedent has been set here, as it was not a judicial decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Andrea B. wrote: »
    It wasn't that "they" settled out of court.

Be it a six figure or seven figure some, it was probably easy to agree on when it was not the monies of any of the parties involved.

It was your money and my money.

Let's also be clear on one thing. No legal precedent has been set here, as it was not a judicial decision.

I was not suggesting that it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

I had thought it was implied, but yes, let's be clear, no sponge pr0n in GC (forum, I can't guarantee it's not anywhere in the IRL city) folks.

/me opens spongerotica.zip

• Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

I was not suggesting that it was.

SorryChilly. Was not directed at your post.

Just the "they" side of it, in case of readers who might believe that the parties had personally paid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭mike kelly

Tuamlad wrote: »
    He's a genuine nice man he thought me last year. Didnt deserve to have his name dragged through the mud. The cheek of Lusby and Elwood!!!

people who think otherwise should be free to air their opinion. It is crazy that he can sue because some students don't like him. We should have public rankings of third level courses and lecturers.

Advertisement