Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Telecaster '72 Deluxe

• 14-05-2010 6:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 983 ✭✭✭

I'm just wondering what people think of this guitar. Has anybody played one before. The pickups on it are so nice! What do you think of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtXqnKMB0g8

0137702392_md.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

CiaranK wrote: »
    I'm just wondering what people think of this guitar. Has anybody played one before. The pickups on it are so nice! What do you think of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtXqnKMB0g8

0137702392_md.jpg

I had one in White. It was a nice looking guitar but very heavy and the tone was somewhat muddy due to the 250k ohm pots. I'd suggest trying one out before buying it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

Right. I've always loved teles and I've always loved the humbucker sound. (I own a standerd tele and a peavey with two humbuvkers) The two together just sounds like heaven! Hahaha. t would be a while before I am getting a new guitar :(, Moneys tight at the moment.

They go for about 500 quid used usually, sometimes less.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

Bear in mind that the 'wide range humbuckers' that Fender make now aren't really WRHBs, just regular humbuckers in WRHB cases.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 472 ✭✭Matt Bianco

Proud owner of one myself and after changing bridge humbucker to 500k pots, upgrade input jack and toggle switch and you've got a mighty fine guitar. Good range of classic tele sounds with warmer bluesy tones - nothing really touched it in this price range for what I wanted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭ball ox

The guy introducing that demo sounds like a snooker commentator :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭citizenerased1

Love these guitars..
    anyone know can i get a lefty one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭novarock

Love these guitars..
    anyone know can i get a lefty one?

they dont make them lefty.. They did in 72 so you could probably pick up a vintage one..

I had the 72 custom, bought it righty and reversed it. Not a great guitar to be honest, you would be better off with an american tele for the same money...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

I own one with the aforementioned pot mod and its a great extremely versatile guitar. Never played it without the mod so I wouldnt know how a stock one sounds but I cant recommend on with the pot mod enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

daniel johns out of silverchair wangles some sweet sounds out of his one..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭population

I like teles a lot, but personal opinion only here folks, I find these to be clunky with an uneven distribution of weight throughout the guitar. Also I played my mates Mexican one a few times and the pups just sounded mushy.

They do look pretty though

population wrote: »
    I like teles a lot, but personal opinion only here folks, I find these to be clunky with an uneven distribution of weight throughout the guitar. Also I played my mates Mexican one a few times and the pups just sounded mushy.

This pretty much sums up my opinion of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

population wrote: »

All the people that get nice sounds from them are usually the guys playing vintage ones, aren't they? When they had real WRHBs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,027 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

I got the 72 Delux in Black a few months ago and I love it and the sound I'm completely happy with.

Advertisement