Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phonewatch connecting to Homeautomation

Options
  • 14-05-2010 6:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Good afternoon,
    I have a wireless (433MHz) Phonewatch installation in my house and would like to connect the sensors to my MAc based Homeautomation system.
    I use Indigo4 with a CM15A interface. This interface transmitts commands over the electrical installation with the X10 protokoll and can also send and receive RF on 433Mhz.
    Is it possible to find out the adressing of the door and motion sensors in order for me to "redirect" their status to the home automation.

cheers
    Martin

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Tim M-U

Good afternoon,
    I have a wireless (433MHz) Phonewatch installation in my house and would like to connect the sensors to my MAc based Homeautomation system.
    I use Indigo4 with a CM15A interface. This interface transmitts commands over the electrical installation with the X10 protokoll and can also send and receive RF on 433Mhz.
    Is it possible to find out the adressing of the door and motion sensors in order for me to "redirect" their status to the home automation.

cheers
    Martin
    I'm unsure if this is possible, is it that you would like to combine the sensors with the gate so when you open your back door it would open the gate, What you might be able to be is add a contact to your door and set it up so once it breaks your gate opens, just like an alarm and when it goes off. You should ask altor, he's an alarm installer and would be an expert on that sort of stuff!

I don't think it would be such a smart idea tbh if your going to connect the sensors to your alarm because every time you open your door the gate opens with it for you might let unwanted visitors in..

Using a simple switch in the house with an intercom would be the best option with access control like act (http://www.act.ie) tbh.

If you'v got any questions with the burglar alarm or access control, just ask!

Have a good day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 MartinDublin

Acually, I never turn the phonewatch on as there is always somone at home. I would like to utilize the installed door sensors and motion dedectors in conjunction with my Home automation, turning lights and appliances on and off. My system is also able to inform me by email of various conditions.

Martin

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

Good afternoon,

cheers
    Martin

Hi Martin,

You would need to install the sensors that work with the receiver you have. The sensors you have installed will only work with your alarm. With the alarm you have you can install x10 devices to control lights and other appliances and control them by dialing into the alarm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 MartinDublin

Thank you very much for the info. I will install additional sensors for the light control.
    Is there a way to monitor the phone watch system over the internet with a Mac?
    cheers
    Martin

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

Thank you very much for the info. I will install additional sensors for the light control.
    Is there a way to monitor the phone watch system over the internet with a Mac?
    cheers
    Martin

Your welcome.

There is no way to do this with the alarm you have installed. There is a dialer built in to these panels that will ring your phone and emit a series of alarm tones if the alarm is not monitored anymore.

• Advertisement
Advertisement