Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

goal scoring defenders

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Paul Warhurst for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,014 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Ronald Koeman was the king of goalscoring defenders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

If he makes the first 11: Ron Vlaar
    Good in the air for set pieces and a powerfull free kick

And can do this:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

First person I thought of was Ian Harte, but 1. He isnt playing for Ireland at the mo and 2. we are not going to the WC. 17 goals for carlisle this season. thats a great turn over for a defender. I wish Leeds could get him back! :-D

Has Harte retired from Internaional football or is he just not rated by Trappatoni??

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭MuPpItJoCkEy

Initially I was thinking Daniel Van Buyten and Roberto Carlos. Van Buyten has scored a fair few this season for Bayern.

But to answer properly,

I would say Ramos for Spain as they do seem to have one of the easiest groups around and surprisingly Philip Senderos does get a few in for Switzlerland who are in the same group as Spain and I think they have a chance of progressing through to teh next round.

Ya have to hand it to the Swiss, they've been involved in the last 3 or 4 major competitions.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭tdv123

mormank wrote: »
    Well thats what i thought but the original poster must know different if he puts forward both defenders as likely to play every game!

Alves can play at left back but I don't think Dunga has ever tried him out there. Maybe he's not aware he's able to as a left back.

Advertisement