Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

College groups/potential FGers?

Options
  • 14-05-2010 7:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭

I was talking to my brother the other day about groups and **** in college and I was thinking, maybe we could check around to see if there are any or hand out flyers/stick up some posters or w/e on campus etc. I have never been in a college or know how they work so please someone who is more experienced than me enlighten me

Thought it would be a good idea, since colleges are a mesh of people and various interests etc. Thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Clubs/Societies in the colleges I've had experience with are just set up by applying to the college, telling them you want to set up a group and convince them people would show up. Then you run events/regular meetings and can apply to college for funding. Usually every college has a Gaming or Computing society of some sort.

Had I not been in 4th year and my course an absoloute nightmare with regards to workload I definitely would have set up a fighting game society. Someone ran a Tekken 5 Tourney in Carlow IT a few years ago and got a massive crowd for it. Could add a fairly spectacular number of people to the scene if advertised in the big colleges.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I helped start the GamesSoc in Dundalk IT. Too bad everybody who stuck around played Halo instead of FGs (tho had a few Tekken 5.0 sessions)

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭BanjoB

I went back to college this year as a 'mature' student and One of the first things I did was see was there any interest in street fighter and I asked had anyone else enquired about fighting games in general within the gaming society. Had no joy unfortunately. All first person shooter heads :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Yeah the DCU game soc was all full of halo , quake 3 and rock band types :( Plus events could only be held for DCU gamesoc members.

Advertisement