Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Course Fees- Arts

• 14-05-2010 7:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hi,
    I need some info about course fees...
    I've checked the NUIG website and it says that the Arts course costs €5,822 ... is that €5,822 a year or for all 3 years??

Also, from what I understand these are just the tuition fees. Can anyone doing Arts give me some idea of how much you'd spend for books each year?
    anything that could give a rough idea is appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

If you're Irish there are no fees. There is an administration cost which is 1500 euro.
    I think I spent about 200 euro on the books this year but you can sell them and get about 40 percent of the money you spent on them back when u are finished with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

poisonated wrote: »
    If you're Irish there are no fees. There is an administration cost which is 1500 euro.
    I think I spent about 200 euro on the books this year but you can sell them and get about 40 percent of the money you spent on them back when u are finished with them.

This only applies if it's your first undergraduate course. If you've done a previous course/dropped out etc, then you're liable for full fees as far as I'm aware.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

western night is right. free fees only apply for your first undergrad.
    you also have to pay €1500 to the gov as a registration fee but if you get a grant, you don't have to pay this. you also have to pay something like €230 (i think) to NUIG for a "student levy".
    StudentFinance.ie is a good site for all info about tution fees and what you're entitled to in terms of grants/scholarships. well worth checking out.

dunno about books and stuff. i'm doing science :)

whiteman

Advertisement