Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brain food?

Options
  • 14-05-2010 8:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭

This may sound odd..... but what foods/drinks do ye find help ye study?
    I find green tea really useful....dont know why!!!
    Thoughts anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭fufureida

A handful of almonds in the mornings. A boiled egg with every breakfast. Porridge.

Mixed nuts in general is very good for you and for study. Have some dark chocolate and anything packed with anto oxidents. Nestle's Milo drink.
    Don't rely too much on green tea as it will make u lose too much weight if u drink it too much.. So just watch ur diet too! Pumpkin seeds are good too!

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Ruski

Oat Porridge every morning. It can be changed to any flavour you wish. The most versatile food ever and it tastes great.

I like a cup of peppermint or berry tea with toast to wash down my study notes.

I also take two B-Vitamin supplements every morning. They're on that half price thing in Holland & Barretts. You get a massive tin of them and they work wonders. Ever since I started taking them my concentration, memory and thinking improved. I've also been more relaxed.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭RexMundi

Tea and Lucozade sport & really really greasy chicken from the local tesco.... yum!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Berrocca Boost is like cocaine or something when you're tired......

Red Bull/Blue Bear/Kick Energy (Or whatever it has been rebranded to)/Boost/Those 5 hour energy shots (They are actually insane, tried to go to bed about 6 hours after knocking one back and I was basically rotating in bed for about 40 mins till I fell asleep......amazing stuff!) .....

Coffee.

Weetabix.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

Now that you mention it I've become quite the brain food expert this past year...

First of all hydration is key! Is you're dehydrated your concentration lacks so a nice bottle of water on your desk will help. Although if you sip at it too much you just end up going to the loo every 2 minutes...

Also being sick isn't exactly conducive to study, especially in the run up to the Leaving it'd be a bit of a disaster, so I take a multi-vitamin, vitamin c tablet and echinacea tablet every morning which really helps... I haven't been sick at all since I started taking them!

I also take DHA and EPA in the form of Omega 3 fish oil which I bought in Aldi... It's meant to help with concentration and memory so it couldn't hurt.

I also eat Granola while studying, it stops you being hungry and distracted by the hungry :P

I drink a lot of green tea with echinacea too, having a cup of tea generally makes studying a nicer experience, I find!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭ihavequestions

I'm going to try everything ye all said! Great help :)

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭brian1991

I highly recommend this link; the article itself is okay, but the video at the end of the page is the best I've seen on helping memory: http://www.wikihow.com/Improve-Your-Memory

Check it out!
    Brian

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭aine92

Skittles are great for a bit of a boost, I always keep a pack beside me while I'm studying!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭UpTheSlashers

Wine Gums in school, bananas at home. And plenty of water.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

How does Berroca Boost work? Is it caffeine/sugar?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭leavingcert

i think i can safely say i have out on about a stone since this LC started... Nothing looks good anymore and now im getting stressed about that!

Debs around the corner.. I'm thinking the 24th of June...

DIET!

But yeah i find fruit and anything with sugar in general works...

i think i can safely say i have out on about a stone since this LC started... Nothing looks good anymore and now im getting stressed about that!

DIET!

zam wrote: »
    How does Berroca Boost work? Is it caffeine/sugar?

It's actually good for you! There's a load of multi vitamins nd minerals and stuff i think its like a mix of folic and acid and vitamin B?

All those energy stuffs rent a good idea, theey make you waaay to tense and nervous!

You're better off just keeping your money and getting a good nights sleep to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Bananas, Eggs & Berocca ftw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭IronGirl92

Lucozade and glucose sweets! Basically if it has ''caffeine'' in the list of ingredients I'm on it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭IronGirl92

DIET!

I think a lot of us are in the same boat there :( Getting a study arse on me like nothing else, had better be feckin' worth it in the end!

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Behind you Joey

Weetabix.
    Berocca Boost.
    Eye-Q(Type of omega 3- concentration tablet).
    Sh*t loads of water.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 CosmicLove

Always have a big bottle of water on my desk.
    Cereal, particularly weetabix & rice crispies xD
    DIET COKE! I know it's really bad, but I can't drink hot drinks so it's my only source of caffiene. I always try to take plenty of water with it so I don't wreck my skin.

Advertisement