Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ghana?

Options
  • 14-05-2010 9:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭

Has anyone applied to do co-op in Ghana or has anyone been there for theres before? I have applied, very excited but dying to hear from others too! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭TheSpecialOne

I applied not too sure what it involves doh!...have u ny details on it?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭bamboozling

Haven't applied for Ghana but have applied for Argentina. Anyone else plannin on going there?

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Franner

I went there for the African Nations a couple of years ago - great experience.
    I made a camcorder film about it if you've half an hour to kill http://www.motionbox.com/videos/0a99d7bd181de4c687?iid=switch_player_sd&type=sd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭JimmyMoose

I don't know much to be honest. Didn't go to any of the meetings and applied last minute but now I'm really keen. All I know is it's more community development rather than teaching or anything. It's from feb-july. All the one I was talking to said it's actually suppose to be incredible. I think it would a class experience, only thing is I think 6 months is veryyy long time to spend there but it would probably fly! She said too that like once someone applies and they really want it, they get it no problem!

Franner wrote: »
    I went there for the African Nations a couple of years ago - great experience.
    I made a camcorder film about it if you've half an hour to kill http://www.motionbox.com/videos/0a99d7bd181de4c687?iid=switch_player_sd&type=sd

watching this now, looks amazing, looks like you had a brilliant experience. I love how the place seems to be so happy and vibrant!! thanks for the link :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Franner

It's very friendly JimmyMoose, you'll have a great time

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭TheSpecialOne

Hey Guys are we able to change our mind again or is it set in stone for Ghana?!...for Any one who has done it what's the story with flights accom etc..?do we pay or do they?any help will be appreciated!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

My cousin was over ther eand she loved it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Mindkiller

Hey Guys are we able to change our mind again or is it set in stone for Ghana?!.
    Yeah, I'd like to know as well. I've put myself down for Argentina, but they said something about being able to 'change our options over the summer'.

Depending on finances, Argentina could end up being a stretch.

Yep I asked yer one yesterday if Ghana doesn't happen do I just start from scratch with the job front and she said yep. She said ya can pull out too.

Seriously hoping I get Ghana now though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭snazzy

Haven't applied for Ghana but have applied for Argentina. Anyone else plannin on going there?

Yes! Argentina is the way to go!

To help I heard that once you'e Ghana down, there is little to no application processes and you've basically got it in the bag.

Wish Argentina were that simple! :P

Advertisement