Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Just back from Monaco

• 14-05-2010 9:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 964 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Just back home in Ireland from Friday practice in Monaco. Great day yesterday.

I was at turn 12, 13 and 14.

Button, Hamilton, Alonso, Massa, Trulli and Kubica looked very good through there.

Senna looked alot slower and was not near the limit of the car. You could hear him lift earlier than everyone else, including his teammate and the car was not near its limit.

I was very surprised that I enjoyed watching the GP2 cars the most. Some drivers were really on the limit through 13 and 14. The cars rears were moving around for some drivers. Loads of funs to watch

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 574 ✭✭✭ro_chez

What about Schumi? I was thinking of putting a few quid on him this weekend as he could spring a surprise here I think!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 964 ✭✭✭thegoth

Yes. He looked good as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭smooch71

thegoth wrote: »
    Hi All,

Just back home in Ireland from Friday practice in Monaco. Great day yesterday.

I was at turn 12, 13 and 14.

Button, Hamilton, Alonso, Massa, Trulli and Kubica looked very good through there.

Senna looked alot slower and was not near the limit of the car. You could hear him lift earlier than everyone else, including his teammate and the car was not near its limit.

I was very surprised that I enjoyed watching the GP2 cars the most. Some drivers were really on the limit through 13 and 14. The cars rears were moving around for some drivers. Loads of funs to watch

Can you give us a bit more info on ticket prices, where you stayed etc?

Have always wanted to go to Monaco but thought the general admission viewing looked a bit ****e and the grand stand prices were off the wall.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 964 ✭✭✭thegoth

Went out on Wednesday. Back on Friday to Nice. Stayed in an apartment near the center of nice. Got train to Monaco Friday morning at 7.

Spent the day at the circuit. Was at the swimming pool. EXCELLENT Seats. €75 for the Thursday.

Watched Formula Renault 3.5, GP2, and F1.

Your right lightening, they were LOADS of empty seats around the swimming pool on Sunday, but the reason is that race day tickets alone for that area were €400 not including Sat qualifying.

They were alot more people there on Thursday than Sunday.

Seeing the cars, especially GP2 cars go through the chicane at the swimming pool at 130mph with the backend moving was great

Will put up some pics later

Advertisement