Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new tattoo artst

• 14-05-2010 9:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

hi there i want to be a tattoo artst but can not get an apperntaship but can not get one so if there is any tattoo artsts on this form any advice or help would be gratefull thanks for reading

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Lornen

• Be aware of exactly how serious body modification is. If you are interested in it just to make a quick buck you should abandon your search for an apprenticeship now.
    • Make sure you have a portable portfolio of some of the work you have done. Do not come in clutching a handful of crummy drawings or photos of things you doodled on mates with markers. Also, try to have a variety of original designs you have drawn yourself. Don't rip them off.
    It's hard to give you advice, as I don't know how old you are or if you have any qualifications. But I'm going on some past experiences we've had in our studio. We've had a few total jokers come in with some beyond pathetic drawings looking for an apprenticeship. It's scary because these people are actually SERIOUS and think the muck they bring in can qualify them for an apprenticeship.. Tragic stuff.

EDIT: Not trying to be cheeky but, if you want to be a Tattooist, you should really spell check your words. Alot of people opt for script and lettering when choosing a tattoo for themselves.

Advertisement