Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Today Raw sewage into tramore bay.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,466 ✭✭✭✭looksee

That really is disgusting, and if they have overflow at this time of the year with no rain, what is it going to be like later in the summer. :eek: Have you sent that link to Tramore Council offices? Do you mind if I do?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭alphasounds

Thanks for the reply.
    I did send it, but it's prob. a good idea to send two links.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

i love tramore:(

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭SweetEmpathy

That is disgraceful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 tbayday

Thanks alphasounds for posting the video and forwarding it to the council. This happens regularly and I don't see how it can be blamed on weather conditions. If there's a regular fault why can it not be fixed once and for all..this is going on for years and the answer is always the same!!!

I read on the paper that the Town Manager and most of the councillors seem to support him when he says there is no problem with water quality! One councillor supported him 150 %!!!!Suely the councillors are representing us not the Town Manager...why are all the councillors apart from Maxine Keoghan staying silent...Do they not believe raw sewage is being pumped into the bay???Do they not use the sea??

How can they say water quality is perfect? I think it is disgraceful that this happens so regularly and when someone like Maxine tries to get answers ( albeit about a different leak)she is villified and accused of self promotion! Sounds like a cosy cartel in the council...what's the point of having a town council if no one can ask the difficult questions. When Betty Twomey and Maureen O Carroll asked difficult questions in the past they also got a hard time. James Mc Cartan brought this issue up before. I'm sure I am not the only one who has been very ill having had contact with water in the area of the pier.

Have a look at these articles ... why can't they acknowledge the problem and have it rectified?

http://www.waterford-news.ie/news/story/?trs=mhcwqlcwkf

http://archives.tcm.ie/waterfordnews/2010/04/21/story32606.asp

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 traceyjoy

I love T-bay, thats a disgrace

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Can you repost the videos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 jupiter85

I thought that problem was rectified. Im not sure posting the video to the world to see was good idea, especially coming into the summer season. Its a pity the video couldnt be viewed privately for the local community to see this problem so it can be properly addressed

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Amakadamus

jupiter85 wrote: »
    I thought that problem was rectified. Im not sure posting the video to the world to see was good idea, especially coming into the summer season. Its a pity the video couldnt be viewed privately for the local community to see this problem so it can be properly addressed

Try http://www.flickr.com/ or http://www.screencast.com/ both of which will allow you to upload video and restrict viewing to your "friends" i.e. the council will have to create an account which you can put on your friends list. Highly approvable sites. Flickr is practically a part of Wikipedia and Screencast is a very upmarket arty farty and learning site. Good luck with that. I thought sewage problems were long sorted out in waterford. People have cribbed since a long time. If you upload that video I wouldn't mind taking a look. I can be invited from this username on either of those sites. Good luck.

jupiter85 wrote: »
    Properly addressed means also not to show the guest's of tramore
    the pollution.
    But for the sake of taste, i did take them of youtube a while ago.
    So no facts and pressure from the net.

The EVA did mail back.
    They forwarded the link's to Waterford council and want a report.
    The videos are still on the phone if needed.
    Low tide and calm water will help the observation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,249 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Cllr Tom Raine on Facebook
    "Following the publication of the EPA Water Quality report today, it has been confirmed that the status of the Water on Tramore Beach has improved from sufficient to good. This is great news for the upcoming toursit season in Tramore."

http://www.epa.ie/downloads/pubs/water/bathing/name,28489,en.html

Seems Cllr Raine has his head buried in the sand down on that beach, hardly surprising though

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Smiley Burnett

The EPA have given the thumbs up to the Water Quality at Tramore beach!! According to the EPA, water quality has improved!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Is it the case that the water quality tests in 2009 were ok, and thats the figures we're seeing in the EPA report. However, a problem occurring in 2010 wouldnt figure in the reports until 2011?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,249 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Trotter wrote: »
    Is it the case that the water quality tests in 2009 were ok, and thats the figures we're seeing in the EPA report. However, a problem occurring in 2010 wouldnt figure in the reports until 2011?
    But why would a councillor tell us what the true position is if they can just spout shit that makes them look better?

:)
    I went down today at low tide and had a look.
    Water was flowing constant, no stench, and floating "stuff".
    Good news.
    For now.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Seesee

Visitors to Tramore beach and to Ireland in general are looking for a Blue Flag. The council and EPA can say all they like but until Blue Flag status is regained, I for one will not be swimming in Tramore bay and I know a lot of people feel the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

Seesee wrote: »
    Visitors to Tramore beach and to Ireland in general are looking for a Blue Flag. The council and EPA can say all they like but until Blue Flag status is regained, I for one will not be swimming in Tramore bay and I know a lot of people feel the same.
    The water quality is supposed to be excellent in Tramore bay. Apparently the reason for not getting the Blue Flag is because some of the samples were taken at bad times (heavy rain) which gave a poorer reading of the water quality. The sewage leaking into the bay was at the Pier or Guillemene so not in the main beach area; I'm not sure if those parts of the bay would be included in the Blue Flag for the beach. In any case the sewage problem needs to be fixed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 oilcanharry

Anyone who lives in Tramore and denies that there is a problem with the quaility of the water in Tramore bay definitely does have their heads buried in the sand. Ask any surfer of person who uses the beach a lot.

I was down at the pier last night and the smell was revolting. Was out kayaking a few weeks back and there was a large floating mass from the Foyle all the way across to the beach.

I voted for some of the younger councilors last time around and already they some have shown their true colours and disapeared into the cosy little pact that exists.

Fair play to Maxine for speaking up and asking the hard questions and shame on her colleagues for accusing her of showboating for her own gain. Over the past 10 plus years there only ever seems to be Fine-Gael people who are heard on the local radio so they are all very good at using events for thier own gain. I am sure that Lola, Anne-Marie and Tom can vouch for that, even though they might never admit it.

The Fianna Fail heads seem to dissapear once they are elected, Independants try and make a bit of noise and the Fine-Gaels are at war with each other in public at National and local level, can't comments on the Greens cause I have no interest in their trash as they also showed their true colours once they got into joint government.

I think that I will run myself the next time.

Advertisement