Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cheapest Place for a Canon 550d

• 14-05-2010 9:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 772 ✭✭✭

Hi guys.

So I have looked at the main websites for photo equipment in regards this.

Can anyone point me in the right direction.

It would have to be able to be shipped to Ireland so some of the cheapest US sites seem to be out as I guess would have to pay money in Import tax aswell.

Is it safe to buy from ebay shops from Hong Kong.

Any recommendations would be great .

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭MaggyM

Some of the Hong Kong sellers are quite reputable (check their sales and seller ratings on eBay) but you will also be liable for import taxes as they apply to anywhere outside the EU.

There is one with an Irish location on eBay at the moment for €700 that claims to be unused as someone changed their mind - says they have a warranty form Conns Cameras. Could be worth checking out to see if its legit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 772 ✭✭✭floydmoon1

Can you PM me the link.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

http://www.calumetphoto.co.uk/item/321-606B/

Try Calumet in Belfast. You can deal over the phone and they courier to your home.
    Boucher Plaza Unit 2
    4-6 Boucher Road
    Belfast, BT12 6HR 02890 777770 M-F 9 to 5:30
    Sat. 9 to 5

MaggyM wrote: »
    Some of the Hong Kong sellers are quite reputable (check their sales and seller ratings on eBay) but you will also be liable for import taxes as they apply to anywhere outside the EU.

There is one with an Irish location on eBay at the moment for €700 that claims to be unused as someone changed their mind - says they have a warranty form Conns Cameras. Could be worth checking out to see if its legit.

Thanks.Was easy enough to find and I went for it.Hope all goes ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭MaggyM

Glad you found it. You could try arrange to meet the seller if possible so you can check the equipment, and avoid postage.

Hope it goes OK for you.

• Advertisement

MaggyM wrote: »
    Glad you found it. You could try arrange to meet the seller if possible so you can check the equipment, and avoid postage.

Hope it goes OK for you.

Seems to have good feedback so trust AOK.
    Would spend the 25 for postage on petrol so think I will get delivered.

All I have to do know is sell my 350 d.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Advertisement