Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Portrait Tattoos

• 14-05-2010 9:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 184 ✭✭

Hi

Looking for a bit of advice...I am wanting a portrait tattoo and wondering if anyone has recommendations for artists who are known for doing them to a really high standard...

I am quite confident in a couple of artists who I would have no problem going to for tattoos but I guess I am thinking that a portrait tattoo has no real margin for error as if it doesnt come out perfect it will just look **** and theres no getting around the fact that it might not look like who its meant to etc!

I am going to check it out with a couple of places also but if anyone knows any particular artist let me know (dublin if poss)

thanks
    Jen

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 the wizzard

Hi Jennypops, have a look at some of the portrait work done by Marcus in Red Dragon Tattooz, Clondalkin. I've had work done by him, not portraits, I must admit, but while I've been there I've seen some of his portrait work and it's unreal. Otherwise it has to be JMD in Waterford. Irelands Kat Von, only he's a bloke, he's hairier and he bulls**ts a lot less.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭..Brian..

Joe Myler in JMD's Waterford. One of the best portrait men going. It'll cost you and you'll have to wait, but it'll be worth it in the end!

http://www.jmdsbodyart.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 184 ✭✭Jennypops

ah thanks a million!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

Joe Myler is definately a great artist and portraits are definately his weakest area. My advice is that if you want a great portrait look to artists over in England like Paul Naylor (AKA Myth) or Bez from Triple6 tattoo or Jason Butcher if you want a Black and grey portrait.
    If you just want a quite decent portrait tattoo then Joe Myler will do the job. Jani is also fairly good at portraits but neither are a patch on the 3 other artists I mentioned (in respect to portrait work).
    If you truly want one of the best portrait artists in the world check out Nikko Hurtado.
    Some great work on this thread:
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055613031

Advertisement