Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Avengers (2012) *spoilers from post 1181*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭Sleazus

Skinfull wrote: »
    I have no idea. Thats why i was asking. Its for the 14th isnt it . Thats this saturday .

The comp closes on the 12th so it wont be announced until probably friday. the 13th. Den den dehhhhh! :eek:

Think the Show Film First one is expired at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

pixelburp wrote: »
    I ... uhh... don't know what that means :o Or if it's a good or bad thing :)

Whedon does like to kill of characters...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭mark.leonard

Is it just me or is the hype for this film becoming a little too much?
    I am finding it hard to maintain a high level of excitement about this movie when we are bombarded week on week by new teasers, posters, set pictures and all manner of sneak peaks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,508 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

I am finding it hard to maintain a high level of excitement about this movie when we are bombarded week on week by new teasers, posters, set pictures and all manner of sneak peaks!

I'm still completely ambivalent about seeing this movie and outside of various movie forums I frequent I'm not hearing any buzz for it at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,508 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Whedon does like to kill of characters...

159x700px-LL-ce5e3033_2mebrt1.jpeg

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,405 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Its only a couple of weeks away from release, thats why the advertising has ramped up a bit. I don't think there's near as much hype for this as Prometheus or TDKR.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Planemo

Did anybody hear anything from this yet ?
    Got an email just there - won 2 tickets :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Got an email just there - won 2 tickets :D

Me too! So did my friend who told me about it! Unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭A-Train

I also won tickets, can't wait....

It appears I didn't. Ah well. Any spares, can't make it, I humbly volunteer!

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,405 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Ah balls, no e-mail for me. Would have got the train up and everything. Anyone need a date? :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,910 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I won 2 tickets, absolutely beaming!!!! Best dressed Avenger gets premiere seats apparently :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I won 2 tickets, absolutely beaming!!!! Best dressed Avenger gets premiere seats apparently :D

^Luckiest person in Ireland :)

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    ^Luckiest person in Ireland :)

I was gonna post this in the Competitions thread in Games as well for the laugh :pac:

I keep refreshing gmail but nothing appears :(

Will be wanting detailed spoiler free reviews you lot!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Skinfull

Ahhh equally gutted and jealous of you guys!!

Enjoy!! :D

Ahhh what the hell !! I got an email saying i didnt win :( If anybody has any spare, i will pay !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

The premiere took place last night in Hollywood. Article attached for anyone interested. There are no reviews or spoilers, just some one line reactions.

I was never in Cineworld, will the film be shown in 2d or 3d (really hope it's in 2d).

• Advertisement

I was never in Cineworld, will the film be shown in 2d or 3d (really hope it's in 2d).

I suspect, based on experience with previews, 3D.

Although maybe you'll get cool glasses. They appear to be doing Avengers-themed glasses as giveaways, but not sure if they'll be given away at the preview.

Cool, would be class if we got some goodies as well! Wonder if Whedon will make an appearance :o

I think at this stage i would pay more to see it in 2D. 3D ruined Thor for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Yeah, hopefully there will be plenty of 2D screenings

The premiere took place last night in Hollywood. Article attached for anyone interested. There are no reviews or spoilers, just some one line reactions.

Read some of the tweets. Hard to know how reliable they are but apparently the main highlights are (not really spoilers but will spoiler anyway)
    the humour and the portrayal of the HULk, people seem really excited about hulk actually, which has got me very excited! A lot of people saying the first 2 acts have their problems but the final act out does every Marvel movie so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Sasquatch76

Mickeroo wrote: »
    the humour and the portrayal of the HULk, people seem really excited about hulk actually, which has got me very excited!
    Very, VERY happy to hear that, and excited now myself!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Got a ticket too. Ill have my costume spic and span.

See you there!!

Pter wrote: »
    Got a ticket too. Ill have my costume spic and span.

See you there!!

HAHA who are you going as? I'll be rocking my spiderman tshirt and thats as close as I'll be getting to dressing up :)

Congratulations to all. Got my rejection email there. Let me know if anybody needs a date. :) And be sure to bring back lots of news!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 845 ✭✭✭what the hell!

Agh I didn't even get a rejection email now I'm going mad thinking maybe I put in my email wrong :(

Rejection e-mail? I didn't get one of those either.

• Advertisement

I'm guessing our congratulation emails are on their way so ;)

Hey there!

Many thanks for entering Marvel Avengers Assemble fan screening event.

We have been inundated with entries for this event, but unfortunately we could not fulfil your request for a ticket on this occasion.

It was a big let down, as i jumped for joy when the mail came in. Then i read what it said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Tefral

Im gonna try see this in an IMAX cinema over here in London. I cant freekin wait for this movie to come out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

cronin_j wrote: »
    Im gonna try see this in an IMAX cinema over here in London. I cant freekin wait for this movie to come out

Just did a search for 'Avengers' on the BFI site and it didn't appear. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Tefral

Otacon wrote: »
    Just did a search for 'Avengers' on the BFI site and it didn't appear. :(

I saw that too just now.. stupid wraith of the titans is on it..

What i did notice is they are doing an all nighter lord of the rings marathon.. hmm..

Anyway sickened, was it even shot in IMAX size?

Just spotted the Odeon in Uxbridge and Kingston are showing it in IMAX

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

Another new Hulk still

46867421335329877433311.jpg

The animation is actually quite spectacular. Best I've seen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

^^^
    Hulk Pondering?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Starting to really want to see this film now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Sasquatch76

Nice one - new wallpaper! Think they have finally nailed the Hulk in terms of both CGI and design.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,174 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

And eery Peacekeeper MIRV program test photo gets beaten by Hulk for wallpaper selection.

I guess at least both of them relate back to Gamma Rays

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

Apparently a new scene is being filmed today

It says to not bring a mobile phone into the cinema tomorrow evening. Will they be that strict? I'm coming up for the day so I will have to have my phone on me. I'm guessing I could leave it in with Security?

Paddy....What?? An extra scene for the dvd or something?

It says to not bring a mobile phone into the cinema tomorrow evening. Will they be that strict? I'm coming up for the day so I will have to have my phone on me. I'm guessing I could leave it in with Security?

Paddy....What?? An extra scene for the dvd or something?

They'll take it off you, put in a plastic bag and give you a ticket. You can collect at the end. Anti-piracy and all that, especially two weeks from release date.

I reckon it's for a post-credits scene that was left off the premiere, leading into Iron Man 3. Like the Nick Fury scene in Iron Man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 207 ✭✭tribalwings

Ok stupid Q here, but what's the general cinema release date for us mere mortals ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

26th i think

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

Apparently a new scene is being filmed today

i just reads about this. what's the deal? Another of Downey's trademark quips? Ruffalo seemed to confirm it too. Although Whedon denied it and Feige basically said nothing.

Thanks Sleazus. It's one thing getting to see this film 2 weeks early but the best thing about this is that there won't be knacks talking on their phone, chatting uninterested in the film, generally acting the gowl. Can't wait!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Hopefully plenty of 2D screenings, me and the misses are boycotting 3d rubbish :)

Thanks Sleazus. It's one thing getting to see this film 2 weeks early but the best thing about this is that there won't be knacks talking on their phone, chatting uninterested in the film, generally acting the gowl. Can't wait!

While they won't be texting during the film, I wouldn't rule out talking and whispering. You get people like that at everything, alas!

(Personal favourite moment at the Battleship preview had a girl in front of me texting, trying to hide it under her thin knitted woollen jumper. Just made the whole thing glow!)

• Advertisement

Available to book on the Omniplex website now but no 2D screenings (yet)

Advertisement