Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Name Your Allegiance!

Options
  • 15-05-2010 1:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭

Its a bit hard to generalise this since some phone manufacturers use few different OS so heres the easiest way i think, put some examples for those who might be lost a bit :D
    • iPhoneOS? ( Straight forward the iPhone :) )
    • Android? (HTC Hero, HTC Desire, Samsung i7500 Galaxy, Google Nexus 1)
    • Symbian? ( Nokia's Mainly, Some Samsungs and the Sony Ericsson Satio)
    • Maemo? (Nokia N900)
    • Windows Mobile? (HTC HD2, Samsung Omnia II,
      HP iPack 900, Sony Ericsson Xpreria x1a)

which one and why? :D

Which one you prefer/like most? 93 votes

Google - Android
    0% 0 votes
    Apple - iPhone
    45% 42 votes
    Nokia - Symbian
    23% 22 votes
    Micrsoft - Windows Phone
    12% 12 votes
    Maemo
    7% 7 votes
    Whats the Difference?
    10% 10 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

got HD2 myself :) cant say windows was a great phone os but HTC Sense changed that :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

I would go with Windows Mobile, works really well on the HD2.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Have Android 2.1 and iPhone. Love them both for different reasons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Pat2011

I've got a sweet spot for Nokia. Been using them for 20 years now, showing my age now.:D

Pat2011 wrote: »
    I've got a sweet spot for Nokia. Been using them for 20 years now, showing my age now.:D
    mmm i was a big fan of nokia's... but after buying the N97 i think they will have to perform a miracle to get me back on their side :D though nokia is the best for simplicity i guess :D

• Advertisement

Android ahead...but lol WinMo and iPhone = tie :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I am a major Nokia fan boy! I just love the design of their handsets but Symbian has been a bit of a let down recently. Using an N900 right now but sort of bored by it now.

I am a major Nokia fan boy! I just love the design of their handsets but Symbian has been a bit of a let down recently. Using an N900 right now but sort of bored by it now.

i nearly went for the N900, but its still in early stages of development with maeomo 5.

though you have to give Nokia credit for being one of few manufacturers left that can produce an easy to use smarthphone for the average user...most of that majority wont mind it being a bit slow :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭not_xanthor

Maemo may come dog last in this poll.

...not necessarily because it's inferior though.

well its an option...people seem to like maemo 5...so i put it as an option :)

• Advertisement

well its an option...people seem to like maemo 5...so i put it as an option :)

I'm quite happy with my N900, but lack of handsets and the phone's lack of appeal to most people and all that.....

I'm quite happy with my N900, but lack of handsets and the phone's lack of appeal to most people and all that.....

well just wait and see :) i think i seen something that nokia is undergoing to signing a contract to sign with maemo for MeeGo to combine symbian and MeeGo OS and matching hardware to make something new :) guess we will have to see :)

i remember the days when symbian was d **** :D and my 6680 was a god :D

though it seems as other developers are coming back to maemo since the release of N900..time will tell how this will come out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

What?

What?

to what? :D:p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

well just wait and see :) i think i seen something that nokia is undergoing to signing a contract to sign with maemo for MeeGo to combine symbian and MeeGo OS and matching hardware to make something new :) guess we will have to see :)

i remember the days when symbian was d **** :D and my 6680 was a god :D

though it seems as other developers are coming back to maemo since the release of N900..time will tell how this will come out :)

I was considering a N900 at the start of the year and while I like Nokia I feel they are juggling way to many phone operating system at the moment and need to focus on just 1 at this point to get a decent app store in place.

If only HTC could do Nokia's level of phone to PC software with their Android phones :cool:

Venom wrote: »
    I was considering a N900 at the start of the year and while I like Nokia I feel they are juggling was to many phone operating system at the moment and need to focus on just 1 at this point to get a decent app store in place.

If only HTC could do Nokia's level of phone to PC software with their Android phones :cool:

while i get your point, Nokia's symbian is way behind other phone os like android and iPhone, and needs something new to attract developers!

I wanted to get the N900 too but after N97 i was scared of getting a nokia :D then looked at the HD2 and seemed very nice :D though waiting till the Evo 4G will come out to Ireland and UK
    Kaizza wrote: »
    Iphone because a girl has to have all the apps.

what apps might they be ? :D

while i get your point, Nokia's symbian is way behind other phone os like android and iPhone, and needs something new to attract developers!

I wanted to get the N900 too but after N97 i was scared of getting a nokia :D then looked at the HD2 and seemed very nice :D though waiting till the Evo 4G will come out to Ireland and UK

what apps might they be ? :D

I don't think the Evo is going anywhere outside of the states.

I don't think the Evo is going anywhere outside of the states.

well im praying it will...would be a shame...even if it come it will be a shame that we wont have 4G Internet for phones till 2099

hopefull either HTC will release a WP7 update with sense for HD2 or some one will cook a rom...i want them 3D games :D

the only thing i envy from the Evo 4G is the 8MP camera :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

well im praying it will...would be a shame...even if it come it will be a shame that we wont have 4G Internet for phones till 2099

hopefull either HTC will release a WP7 update with sense for HD2 or some one will cook a rom...i want them 3D games :D

Microsoft are not allowing 3rd party GUIs on Windows Phone 7, so unfortunately you're going to have to make do with the HD2's current GUI.

Winmobile 7 is not going to be released as updates for older winmobile phones so if you must have WP7 best wait till newer phones with it come out.

• Advertisement

Winmobile 7 is not going to be released as updates for older winmobile phones so if you must have WP7 best wait till newer phones with it come out.

you can always flash it :)

? :D

The N97 and N900 have almost nothing in common.... but i still expect Maemo to get a pasting in this poll.
    Evo is a very nice looking phone though.

yeah well nokia's in general at this day and age kinda scare me :)

yeah well nokia's in general at this day and age kinda scare me :)

Right from their OVI software down to being able to use you're own headphones with the phone remote control unit just show Nokia really understand today's mobile phone customer.

The problem I feel is the sheer amount of phones Nokia release and then failing to give enough support to due to silly amounts of phone OS's. A high end Nokia device running Android would be an insane money maker for them imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭blacknight83

iphone for the minute, although im starting to consider an x10! humm

X10 has a very unique UI :) it gets lagy the odd odd time :D though it is a great phone... though it wont get éclair update till the end of the year :(

google ftw? :D who's predictions were that maemo gonna come last? its 2nd last so far :D

with iphone4 developing problems like falling leafs in autumn how many are willing to purchase it?

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭globemaster1986

OP, you've left out "webOS" from the poll which ironically is by far the best OS available at present. The hardware doesn't quite back it up at the moment but hopefully HP's acquisition of Palm will soon change that!

• Advertisement

well personally i dont know any one who uses WebOS its kinda rare so i kinda kicked it out of the poll unfortunatelly :(

Advertisement