Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lets count to a BILLION !

• 15-05-2010 2:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

OK lets go !

I guess there are no rules here. If you feel like it go all the way !

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44,501 ✭✭✭✭Deki

this won't last long:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Cthulhu.jpg
    Daddy? DAAAADDYYYYYYYYY!!!
    Oh god it's too late! Run! Run and don't look back!
    What? YOU were quoting ME!
    Stop quoting me! You'll kill us all!
    Oh no!
    Precisely. Without some enforcement of standards, a certain restriction of free speech if you will, those stand- Holy ****! Look at the quote tags!
    Ok, I think I see where you're going with this. So you think free society traps itself in a vicious circle- Speech is free, so the VALUE of speech falls, the noise increases while the INFORMATION drops...
    And when you don't have to think about your choice of words, you slowly lose the skill of choosing those words. You can't keep physically or mentally fit without constant training, right?
    I can sort of see what you mean, but...
    Well, when a person can say anything they like, they don't have to be so careful with their words anymore. Do you follow?
    Yes, and..?
    Well, think about it: In a free society, you can pretty much say anything you want, right?
    So why is it a problem then?
    Oh yes, I don't disagree with you, it's a fine ideal that has led to incredible innovations in science, art and philosophy.
    What about it? Free Speech is a cornerstone of a democratic and fair society...
    It's complicated. You have to start with the whole Free Speech thing.
    What does any of that have to do with this thread? It seems pretty innocuous to me.
    Climate change, the recession, sliding standards in education, all that sh*t.
    Such as?
    This thread, and several other things.
    For anything in particular?
    I blame the parents

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement