Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anybody work in Ikea? Need help in tracing a ToyVoyager which I left at till Friday

Options
  • 15-05-2010 6:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭

I'm just wondering if there is anybody who works for IKEA on the Dublin forum that may be able to help?
    I was in the store yesterday and left a small unopened parcel (addressed to me) at a till. (think it was till 23). It contains a small soft toy with a ToyVoyager Tag on it.
    It is of no value to anybody,but it's very valuable and sentimental to the young girl who sent it to me.
    It was in my care and I lost it. I am in charge of updating it's travelling blog!
    http://www.toyvoyagers.com/

I'm afraid that the person who came after me at the till may have put it in their bag not realizing how important it is!

I contacted IKEA yesterday but they said they would not know until the shift ended.It had not been handed in when I rang at 6pm. Lost it at 4p.m.
    I'm just hoping that it's still in the store as I really need to find it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

My other half is in work today and she'll ask for you. Will let you know later whether anything was handed in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

My other half is in work today and she'll ask for you. Will let you know later whether anything was handed in.

Thank you so much. :) I contacted Ikea again this morning and they said that nothing had been handed in but if your OH could double check. I'm 110% sure I left it in Ikea as I got the 140 back into town and noticed it was missing when I was on the bus. There was nothing I could do at that point.
    I'm afraid I'm not going to be online till Mon but will prob ring IKEA back this evening.
    I wouldn't be bothered if it belonged to me but it's not mine and I'm just gutted! I should never have had the parcel with me in the first place:(

She asked security yesterday but they didn't see anything. She didn't think of it yesterday but she'll ask Customer Services today. Again will let you know the outcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

She asked security yesterday but they didn't see anything. She didn't think of it yesterday but she'll ask Customer Services today. Again will let you know the outcome.

Your help was much appreciated. Either the Unopened parcel was deemed to be junk or picked up, taken home and opened. I am hoping that if somebody did this they will have the goodwill to forward on the parcel to me :(

Again many thanks to you are your OH for helping out :)

She forgot to ask Customer Services (sorry), but contact IKEA again. It's a large company with 500 or so people so although one person/section says they didn't see it doesn't mean it's not there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement