Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Entertaining Americans. Help!!!

• 15-05-2010 9:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Ive spent the last few months in the U.S. Through work I've met this couple that have been planning to go to Ireland for a while. They fly into Shannon in late August. I'm expected to entertain this man and his wife (I'm 23 they are both 28). I don't look on it as a chore as they are really nice and fun people.

I don't want to bring them on a "getting hammered" tour of Ireland, (It'll play a part ;), but I don't want that to be it). The best thing I can think of is to bring them to Newgrange, which is very impressive by anyone's standards. However they only have one week, what else can I do that will give them the best possible experience of our country?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Cliffs of Moher, Dingle via Connor Pass, Galway, some old castles/sites of interest around the area?

Where are you/they going to be based for the week or will you just be travelling around? I would say start in Dingle and work your way up the west to Galway etc, then if you want to go to Dublin/East you can use motorway to get across quickly. Then you get a lot of historical sites/beautiful scenery like Dunquin, Dingle, Connor Pass is great for tourist because they can't believe it's a regular road! Killarney, Cliffs of Moher, Adare, Blarney Castle, all possible along that route, Galway is one of the best places to show tourists, our coolest city :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

I took some yanks to Newgrange, Johnny Foxs, Powerscourt House (that impressed me as well), Donegal and also the dublin tour. Late night walk down Grafton St, up Killiney hill and then along the coast and up Howth head.

They really enjoyed that.

Advertisement