Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coffee

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭aDeener

i dont think they have coffee in australia, when i was there and any time i asked for one, they looked at me perplexed wondering if i meant beer instead? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

Abigayle wrote: »
    De-caf :pac:

ok so I know you don't drink it but what is the point of decaf, no one is going to convince me that you can't tell the difference, if it's decaf I will drink cups of the stuff looking for the caffeine :pac:
    Anyone notice coffee loosens the bowels? why is that? Is it a laxative?

well ye caffeine is a diuretic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭dermothickey

--LOS-- wrote: »
    ok

well ye caffeine is a diuretic.

thanks so much for enlightening me:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

It's a dangerous psychoactive drug IMO.

thanks so much for enlightening me:cool:

I could link you to a dictionary? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭InkSlinger67

It's a dangerous psychoactive drug IMO.

Now you tell me!!! :(

*Hears Gardaí breaking down front door*

Now you tell me!!! :(

*Hears Gardaí breaking down front door*

what? coffee is bad now? Down with coffee and that sort of thing so.........hmm I should ring a radio station about this perhaps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

There should be laws brought out and presecution made against companies that have cafe on their signage but can't make decent coffee.

It's simple like. If you can't make coffee, don't work in a cafe.

would anyone send back a coffee?

It's terrible when you pay for good coffee and get utter muck.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

Done it loads of times. Usually I just ask them 'whats this?' or 'I asked for coffee'. Was at an Italian in
    Drumcondra
    recently and got stale tasting coffee. Nearly flipped...... they did appologise. Ruined the meal I thought.

ye I should do really, got a cappuccino somewhere recently and no froth on it, just slopped all round the place when I lifted the cup, yuck.

There are coffee places that I will not order from unless certain people are working there that day, namely the ones that don't f it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Thomas828

I love the smell of coffee, especially the proper stuff. And I like the aroma that permeates places like Cafe Nero and Costa. But, bizarrely, I don't like drinking it. I've tried to acquire a taste for coffee but I just can't appreciate it. When I'm in one of those coffee shops I always order English breakfast tea. Figure that out if you can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭poppyvalley

If you are a real coffee lover here it is= none of your faggacinos or that kind of watered down stuff. no.1 get yourself a little coffee grinder around 40euro. no.2 buy coffee BEANS, now available in Tesco Robt. Roberts or Tesco finest Columbian. Beans last about 1 year. 1 tblsp per cup on average-absolutely great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

i drink it somtimes....like the taste, never get a buzz though....

same with smoking.....i smoked for two weeks for a bet and got nothng from it and went off them again right after it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

The difference between instant and espresso is massive. I usually have an illy espresso most mornings, great kick start to the day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Biggins wrote: »
    Sorry coffee lovers, can't stand the stuff myself.
    Tea is my poison. :D

I can't stand it either. However i don't drink tea too. Water and milk all the way!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

I couldn't live without coffee. Seriously - there'd be no point in getting out of bed if the world's coffee supplies ran out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

Nespresso FTW

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Cheap Thrills!

I like proper coffee but it makes your wee smell like sugar puffs! :P

iMax wrote: »
    Nespresso FTW

Rank. Nestle know as much about making coffee as they do about ethical practices.

• Advertisement

Rank. Nestle know as much about making coffee as they do about ethical practices.

Bit of an oxymoron... I suspect they know more about ethical practice than everyone on this board put together, they just choose not to practice in areas.

However, unless *you* own a nespresso machine & are a regular consumer, you're hardly qualified to comment...

I suggest you try some for a while.

Bit of an oxymoron... I suspect they know more about ethical practice than everyone on this board put together, they just choose not to practice in areas.

However, unless *you* own a nespresso machine & are a regular consumer, you're hardly qualified to comment...

I suggest you try some for a while.

I have tried it & it's rank. And as for Nestle's ethics, I suggest you look up the reasons why they are boycotted in many places around the world.

I'm not talking about "trying it" & congrats on your retort fail.

Ok. Pat yourself on the back & run along like a good boy.

oh condescending too... Brilliant...

what are you talking about then :confused:
    you have to drink it for a while before you know you don't like it?

what are you talking about then :confused:
    you have to drink it for a while before you know you don't like it?

It's akin to test driving a car & deciding you don't like it, only for the salesman to tell you that you won't know how good the car is until you actually own it!

It's akin to test driving a car & deciding you don't like it, only for the salesman to tell you that you won't know how good the car is until you actually own it!

iMax clearly been eating all his/her vegetables.

would anyone send back a coffee?

It's terrible when you pay for good coffee and get utter muck.

Well when the coffee culture first came in they used to burn the coffee a lot leaving it tasting like muck, now they have got better at making proper coffee, so I would return a coffee if it's burnt, definitely

Well when the coffee culture first came in they used to burn the coffee a lot leaving it tasting like muck, now they have got better at making proper coffee, so I would return a coffee if it's burnt, definitely

ye better than avoiding the place in future then which is what I normally do.

• Advertisement

Probably like me, It took me awhile to pick up the courage in restaurants/coffee shops to complain about the food, but now I reckon it's better simply as in the past I would ignore the restaurant and never go back again. Thus they could lose a lot of customers like this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Steps Of Rome on Chatham St make lovely coffee.

Great Pizza too.

.........gona make myself a cup of good morning America

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

proud coffee fiend here.

addicted to putting baileys in it too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Travel is good

Tescos have a single cup filter coffee, you put one over your mug & pour the hot water on. They are a bit like the Rombouts coffees, though the Tescos ones are much cheaper, approx. €2.40 for a box of 10. I've saved a fortune on take away coffees since I started using them. They are handy for work/home if you don't have a coffee maker, and they give you that "real" coffee fix. I wouldn't drink instant coffee any more!

Should all this be on the tea/coffee forum? http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=929

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Gigiwagga

Coffee has an extremely speedy, anxiety inducing effect on me I love the taste, hate the effect, as bad as cocaine or speed at times, my jaw gets wiry and my stomach gets in a tangle.
    If I have a nice coffee while out for dinner I wont get to sleep until about 4 or five in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭martingore

Mousey- wrote: »
    i drink it somtimes....like the taste, never get a buzz though....

same with smoking.....i smoked for two weeks for a bet and got nothng from it and went off them again right after it

lol ...mad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I love it, although I don't drink it that often.

I'm pretty easy when it comes to drinking different types unless it's really much. Probs because I haven't got around to trying or making my own good wans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

I don't really drink it for some reason.. I like taste and smell grand but I don't feel like it really wakes me up that much. Definitely not as effective as it's hyped up to be anyway but I might start more just to get away from the desk for a while..

Am I just doing it wrong?
    Someone's dragged up a necro thread (for dubious purposes!), but OP in your current location surely the discovery of Vietnamese coffee, especially with ice and condensed milk will have changed your views. Powerful stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭lesserspottedchloe

I Love coffee! Now, I'm not a '7 cups a day' kinda gal but there's nothing nicer on a cold morning or after a big dinner to snap you out of it. Recently I have discovered Swedish and Hawaiian coffee can be reeeally good(I didn't even know they produced coffee!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭anhedonia

Barna77 wrote: »
    Insomnia rocks my world

Im really going off insomnia coffee lately, think its those fair-trade beans they are using, freedom just doesnt taste as good as slavery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 704 ✭✭✭frisbeeface

Tescos have a single cup filter coffee, you put one over your mug & pour the hot water on. They are a bit like the Rombouts coffees, though the Tescos ones are much cheaper, approx. €2.40 for a box of 10. I've saved a fortune on take away coffees since I started using them. They are handy for work/home if you don't have a coffee maker, and they give you that "real" coffee fix. I wouldn't drink instant coffee any more!

Should all this be on the tea/coffee forum? http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=929

Thanks for the tip! I find the Rombouts ones very handy. Can't stomach instant. Think the next step is to invest in an aeropress.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement