Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Australian Ski Resort

Options
  • 15-05-2010 11:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

I have been lucky to land a job in a Victorian ski resort for this up coming winter but I was surprised the resort sat only at a mere 1400m above sea level how is that possible?In Ireland we have much colder winters but we still dont even come close on the top of our highest mountains!I thought ye guys might be able to explain this thanks.

P.s Guys how good was winter 09/10 I am still raging that i missed it only by a few weeks left to go to OZ in November expecting an average mild winter!sadly the chance of me seeing a similar irish winter like that are becoming extremely rare as I am a huge snow fan!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭snowstreams

I've heard that they use alot of snowmaking in Oz. I suppose the humidities must be very low there too, so they can make snow at relatively mild temperatures, e.g -2 or so.
    Plus they probably dont get the mild southwesterlies that we get here in ireland.
    It was a great winter here, if you like snow. The higher Wicklow mtns had snow on them from december till april.

Advertisement