Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

art history

Options
  • 15-05-2010 12:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

does anyone know if its safe to just learn irish art (stone bronze and iron age) medieval (Romanesque and gothic) and gallery q for art history??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Pretty much yeah, as long as you have pre-Christian Ireland and Medieval Europe sections learned you'll be covered. They seem to always put up a gallery question, but even if they change that this year section 3 is pretty open to bullsh*ting, provided you have some 'artistic vocabulary.' So I'd say you're sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

Basically yeah. I'm doing

- Newgrange
    - Manuscripts
    - Stone crosses

- Impressionism

- Gallery Q

• Registered Users Posts: 33 MagsK93

Oh im so screwed my art teacher has barely covered the course,actually i dont think he has. would it be enough to know newgrange prechristian,modern artists and a gallery?

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭A193

Im trying to keep the topics to a bare minimum TBH, a girl in my class said something about only doing one topic per section that always comes up. What are they? What would be safe to do, I really don't know, our teacher isn't the best on the Art History side..

Also, does anyone think theres a chance Avatar might appear in Section 3? I have a feeling it could, im gonna watch it like 100 times before the exam, haha..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LC2010HIS

gerogian in irish art always comes up

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 chasing

for the gallery/ museum appreciation Q, does it have to be an irish musuem or exhibition or can it be answered on one from paris, london, new york etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

chasing wrote: »
    for the gallery/ museum appreciation Q, does it have to be an irish musuem or exhibition or can it be answered on one from paris, london, new york etc...

I'd say so! As long as you can back it up etc etc. It's only typically Irish because not many classes would go abroad for their trip... But I'm pretty sure you're not limited to that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 chasing

ok well thats a relief, thanks, :)

Advertisement