Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your essential pit clothing

Options
  • 15-05-2010 12:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭

Lads, make a list of what you deem essential wear for a heavy nights moshing. Personally, Iv never been good at dressing for the occasion. I find that runners arent good for the well-being of your toes.. I lost a toenail just last year after a fairly heavy fella landed on me with his heel :/

So what do you guys/girls wear? And where would you say is the best place to go clothes shopping for events such as these?

Cheers

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Seriously?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Yeah, my toesies hurt, and my clothes are very.. not metal. I dont even know where to start to look for them.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Well I generally just wear jeans and a t-shirt, and if I wore a hoodie to the thing, I'd generally tie it around my waist, too hot to wear the thing in pits usually. For shoes, I wear New Rocks, not much chance of losing a toenail in them. The only problem I have is getting them in my size. I'm not sure of many Irish shops that sell New Rocks, I know there is Asha on the top floor of St Stephens Green, but outside of Dublin, I dunno.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Pair of safety boots, don't have to be steel toe caps the more modren hardened plastic will do, pair of combats with good pockets which zip or button down tight so you don't loose your stuff and a large t shirt. Not so large that you can't hauled around by the back of it but large enough so you don't end up looking a runner up in a wet tshirt competition.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Thaedydal wrote: »
    Pair of safety boots, don't have to be steel toe caps the more modren hardened plastic will do, pair of combats with good pockets which zip or button down tight so you don't loose your stuff and a large t shirt. Not so large that you can't hauled around by the back of it but large enough so you don't end up looking a runner up in a wet tshirt competition.

Hey! I won that contest :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

grow_a_pair_button-p145501300759773001tmn2_210.jpg

Funny guy right there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

a wifebeater n a botched crewcut. maybe a circle jerks tattoo in an attempt to justify the debacle

the biggest most dressed-down arsehole in the pit will thrive, and emerge as last man standing

EDIT: stale converse, pants of some sort. no skirts guys

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

Nothing at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

Why would you be concerned about what you're wearing in a pit?? You're at a heavy metal gig not a f*ckin fashion show! Though if you're concerned about your toes then a set of steel toe boots and you're sorted

Iv gotten looks before, and sly remarks from the way Iv dressed. Honestly I cant see much wrong in wearing a football jersey to a gig, but other cúnts seem to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

Iv gotten looks before, and sly remarks from the way Iv dressed. Honestly I cant see much wrong in wearing a football jersey to a gig, but other cúnts seem to.

Fuck them, you're not there to impress anyone with how metal your clothes are, you're just there to enjoy a band you like. Not everyone is into having beards, long hair and wearing leather. Doesnt mean you enjoy the music any less.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭dammitjanet

Docs are good for keeping your toe nails- also then you can be the one doing the damage :D
    I tend to wear jeans tshirt and a zip up hoodie or a jacket. Wouldn't wear anything that I'm very attached to though- lost way too many hoodies at gigs

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Wore a germany jersey to a gig awhile ago cos I didn't want to be too sweaty after the pit :D

Usually just band t shirt, jeans and runners for me, never even thought about it really.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

T-shirt and combats/jeans/shorts, pair of runners/boots

People wearing massive spiked wristbands in a pit deserve a kick in the arse, bloody things are dangerous.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

wear whatever the f*ck you like! simple as!

although: no bags allowed! f*cking hate idiots jumping around with a giant backpack on!

My first thought when I read "Nothing at all" too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭GrizzlyMan

whatever I put on that morning after getting outta bed!!! dont understand people that have to dress up in a certain way for a gig, its not a fashon show its a war field :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

GrizzlyMan wrote: »
    whatever I put on that morning after getting outta bed!!! dont understand people that have to dress up in a certain way for a gig, its not a fashon show its a war field :D
    +1

just the usual new rocks, camos or jeans, and band tshirt for me! (same as most other days)

• Advertisement
Advertisement