Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does the router you use effect Vodafone Broadband

• 15-05-2010 12:57pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 327 ✭✭

I'm on the 7.6mb package. At the start I was getting fairly ok speeds of around 5mb with this but now it rarely goes over 3mb which is less than I was getting with eircom. I'm still using the eircom router atm so could that effect anything? Will switchin to the vodafone router they sent me help?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

What sort of line stats have you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,530 ✭✭✭swoofer

Which router model were you using and what is the model of the VF one? And I know it sounds daft but have you checked cables in case soemthing has come loose etc etc.

gb---

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 327 ✭✭zoom!

Ye I checked the cables. It's the netopia 3347w model. It says that my speed is at 2678/378 or something around those. I remember when we first got the broadband it was much higher.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,530 ✭✭✭swoofer

you may have hooked up sky, more extensions, moved to a different socket, have you filters on all the phones, did you re boot router ie turn off at wall, and can you look at stats in router and post the details on here.

gb--

Advertisement