Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

School closure in Leixlip

Options
  • 15-05-2010 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭

Does anyone know if the Irish school in Leixlip is due to close for good? A member of my family heard off a not very reliable source! My sister used to go there, so would be sad to see it go, always seemed well run.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭portumna

I would hope there is no intention of it closing. My son is in Senior infants there and there are 61 kids in all in senior infants. I'd say your source is very misinformed and posting something like that on here could cause a lot of worry to people with kids in the school!

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭dueyfinster

portumna wrote: »
    posting something like that on here could cause a lot of worry to people with kids in the school!

I would never mean it that way, I hope the school stays open too. But if it is going to, I'd support an effort to keep it open.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭madds

Does anyone know if the Irish school in Leixlip is due to close for good? A member of my family heard off a not very reliable source! My sister used to go there, so would be sad to see it go, always seemed well run.

Your source is probably referring to the ninara (pre-school) which was located in the prefab building at the far end of the yard. The teachers who ran it are retiring so it will be closing at the end of the year. The school itself is not closing.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭dueyfinster

madds wrote: »
    Your source is probably referring to the ninara (pre-school) ...

Okay, I don't know the person directly who said it, was just concerned about the school. Glad to hear it's not true, hope I didn't worry anyone that certainly wasn't my aim or to spread any misinformation.

Thanks madds for clearing that up... :D

Advertisement