Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Behringer effects?

• 15-05-2010 2:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to assemble some effects on a very tight budget. Any opinions on the behringer separates? I just need a comp, drive/dist, and chorus. My playing level is fairly basic so I'm just looking to experiment - would I be better off going for a lower end multieffects unit at this price level?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

boss me-50

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,997 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

ME-70 rather then 50, its the newer model. I like the behiringer but if you are starting out with effects and want to discover sounds and that something like the ME 70 is great for finding your sound on a budget, figuring out what effects you like and then you can move on from that into better single pedals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

I have a behringer compressor and I quite like it, but I'm not a big user of compression anyway. It's worth the few quid you'll pay for it. Some of their other effects aren't great though, reverb especially.

The danelectro milkshake chorus may be a better bet than the behringer one as well.

I'd say if you really want cheap though, pick up a zoom multieffects pedal, you'd probably pick one up for less than 30 quid. I have a bass and acoustic 505 II and while not great, they're not awful either and they cost me €15 each in waltons during a sale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

I could manage an me 20 maybe. I only use light overdrive anyway but no harm to have options. Is it worth investing in a decent separate compressor? I'm outgrowing the built-in on my vox

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

If you use it a bit then I'd say it's worth it. I had an me-50 and the comp was by far the worst thing on it, it didn't really do anything. I'm guessing an me-20 would be no different.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

well you get what you pay for, if your in a rush or very tight budget and need the effects it will get you through, i used a behringer tube overdrive for a while, it wasnt that bad, but just never felt great using one

Advertisement