Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFO's - what do you believe?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭dyer

thanks for sharing your sighting.

its very difficult to photograph objects in the night sky without the proper equipment, its hard enough to take a photo of something static nevermind an object that flies around at incredible speeds.. nothing can beat first hand experience of witnessing something like this for yourself, count yourself lucky ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭jonbravo

EarlERizer wrote: »
    Dont want to sound like a sceptic but what you describe above (in bold) sounds alot like the movement a kite might make (be it on one string or two) or was this thing jsut too high to be considered a kite? ,when you say "more quickly .....moved away from us in a straight line" what kind of distance are you talking?

I've heard some strange stories from people who drove across the hills at "sallys gap" and saw things they couldnt explain,one particular story was from a few guys i knew (these guys would be considered 'tough nuts') ,anyway they saw soemthing that 1) spooked the living bejeezus out of them and 2) they couldnt dismiss nor explain , but basically they say it was "something that kept changing from side to side above them as they drove along the road across sallys gap.

It hadnt got wings,hadnt got lights,just a dark grey metallic looking "yoke" that seemed to be following them before disappearing across their line of veiw as they drove along by the forest, they were afraid to stop the car, and they were convinced whatever it was was going to be there around each turn they took along the road.

They still dont like recalling it....i'm only sorry i wasnt there to see for myself as trying to talk to the individuals is like getting blood from a stone! (i think its more of a 'keeping up appearances male pride thing' than post trauma lol)

Note: Paragraphed for the benefit of maninasia :rolleyes:

i can relate to this type of ufo , hadn't got wings,no lights...considered in comparison with my own reminding of the past, the ufo that doesn't want to be seen...how many UFO reports, report no lights....!? if you give it a little though,its easier to get closer with the lights out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

EarlERizer wrote: »
    Dont want to sound like a sceptic but what you describe above (in bold) sounds alot like the movement a kite might make (be it on one string or two) or was this thing jsut too high to be considered a kite? ,when you say "more quickly .....moved away from us in a straight line" what kind of distance are you talking?

I've heard some strange stories from people who drove across the hills at "sallys gap" and saw things they couldnt explain,one particular story was from a few guys i knew (these guys would be considered 'tough nuts') ,anyway they saw soemthing that 1) spooked the living bejeezus out of them and 2) they couldnt dismiss nor explain , but basically they say it was "something that kept changing from side to side above them as they drove along the road across sallys gap.

It hadnt got wings,hadnt got lights,just a dark grey metallic looking "yoke" that seemed to be following them before disappearing across their line of veiw as they drove along by the forest, they were afraid to stop the car, and they were convinced whatever it was was going to be there around each turn they took along the road.

They still dont like recalling it....i'm only sorry i wasnt there to see for myself as trying to talk to the individuals is like getting blood from a stone! (i think its more of a 'keeping up appearances male pride thing' than post trauma lol)

Note: Paragraphed for the benefit of maninasia :rolleyes:
    Sally gap is known for strange sightings and occurrences(not the drug dealers or army check points), I've witnessed a few things up there myself, not to the extent your friends have said but never the less strange things.

Ziycon wrote: »
    Sally gap is known for strange sightings and occurrences(not the drug dealers or army check points), I've witnessed a few things up there myself, not to the extent your friends have said but never the less strange things.
    whats the history around the sally gap!?....and its strange sightings.

and i don't mean just strange ufo sightings... strange sightings of ditch people:),as funny as it reads.
    Most of the time its just persons moving from house to house...at night,my point being that some find things strange that others might not.Everything is important.
    if it happen a long time ago, i would at least like to know the month at best.So maybe in the future have the intention to spend some time in the sally gap.

Im very hesitant to give out details of incidents reported so as not to influance anyone in future reporting.

• Advertisement

Ziycon wrote: »
    Im very hesitant to give out details of incidents reported so as not to influance anyone in future reporting.
    i can understand that on most levels...if not every level. when comes the point not to be hesitant!
    Documentary after documentaries are build around details of incidents reported,at what point does it become something that just happened in the past...A history lesson of sorts to the young who will give, the time of day to this subject.
    Or is it something for a follow-up report to bring up with the person involved!?
    I Understand how it works...i just dislike how it works in small detail.
    if i were to have four persons from east to west report a UFO in the shape of a known,well reported UFO type... all report between 6 to 14 minutes apart,how would anyone know the difference from reading it that it wasn't real!?
    only then there is more reason to hold back on reports of incidents pending a review of the persons involved and the work load that takes i imagine..
    Something i'd like to know;question for anyone!!
    lets say.. you got a report of an ET encounter and you Believe it to be true...what next!? what can be done with the details of said incident!?

unfortunately not very much really, just file it away with all the other crazies ;)

zicyon: i can understand why some people might not want to divulge their experiences, might they agree to let you share them anonymously?

btw ive never heard of this 'sallys gap' care to enlighten me?

there are some irish sightings listed here if ye're curious http://www.ufoinfo.com/sightings/index.shtml

ive meandered through a few of the irish ufo websites but they mostly disappoint.

dyer wrote: »
    unfortunately not very much really, just file it away with all the other crazies ;)

zicyon: i can understand why some people might not want to divulge their experiences, might they agree to let you share them anonymously?

there are some irish sightings listed here if ye're curious http://www.ufoinfo.com/sightings/index.shtml

ive meandered through a few of the irish ufo websites but they mostly disappoint.

A sally gap investigation from awhile ago, i'll enlighten myself with this..http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=304261

There have been may reports from the sally gap/wicklow mountains over the years from numerous sources. Some have been once off incidents others are regular re-occurrences.
    I can give the general scenarios reported, the main ones being, seeing lights in the sky or being followed or over taken by 'balls of light' while driving in the mountains, some people are very visibly shaken by these incidents.

I agree with you dyer that any website remotely related to ufos in Ireland lack majorly in information or even 'truthful' information(as truthful as you can get in this area), the site I run prefers not to post all the sighting information publicly to stop fake reports and at the request of the reporter but there is currently new resources in the making that will help people get better access to the information they want in relation to UFOs, its a bit away but i hope to have it up by the end of the year if not earlier maybe the summer.
    jonbravo wrote: »
    A sally gap investigation from awhile ago, i'll enlighten myself with this..http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=304261
    Just to point out, everything from this thread was later proven to be natural phenomena! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭meryem

To me it sometimes appear as if it is some secret operation of countries like US, China etc. to gain strategic information about different places.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

I believe that most the craft seen in the skies over this planet are mostly secret american russian and other spy aircraft actually made in the shape of flying saucers .I do beleive that a small ammount of these craft are actually alien tough but most are government craft to be honest !!

Can someone look at this webcam of Sakurajima and tell me what those orbs are? Im not saying they are UFOs. Just curious tho. :) They pop up every once in a while.
    Thanks.

http://122.20.254.201:443/Camera08

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

Jake1 wrote: »
    Can someone look at this webcam of Sakurajima and tell me what those orbs are? Im not saying they are UFOs. Just curious tho. :) They pop up every once in a while.
    Thanks.

http://122.20.254.201:443/Camera08

I have been watching them from the link on the other thread,and i can honestly say if someone anyone says Chinese lanterns i will laugh my ass off :D
    They kind of look like the ones that appeared over one of the states in USA.I dont remember which one.
    And now they seem to be gone lol

• Registered Users Posts: 22 kusadasiboris

shuffles88 wrote: »
    First time poster here, I just wanted to put up an experience I had in August (14th of August 2010) last year. Myself and my buddy had gone to Wicklow Gaol for one of their night-time Paranormal investigations and while not much actually happened to us inside the gaol, at one of the break times between moving around the gaol one of the couples that were there went out for a smoke. A couple of minutes later the man came in and said "Does anyone here believe in U.F.O's?!" Surprisingly he was met with silence and looks that said oh you must be kidding and no one jumped up out of their seat to see what he was talking about, but my friend and I were bored and went out to see what he was talking about.

When we went out his fiancée was looking up at the sky above the prison they pointed out what they were talking about, at first I didn't think much of what I saw. It was a round/oval shape, quite large, it appeared not to be moving and it "glittered" with flashing red, green and blue lights, I immediately said "oh I saw a huge kite there earlier today maybe that's what we're looking at?" and continued to try explain what it may be. A medium who had come out kept insisting it was little grey men :rolleyes:. We probably watched it for 4 minutes or so and all of us tried to get it on film/take a picture of it, I dont know what the couple's footage turned out like but my friends showed nothing but a blue dot and I tried to take pictures but nothing showed up but a small white blur. Just as I was saying again the kite could have L.E.D'S on it or something we realized it had in fact moved while we were watching it and as this happened it sort of tilted up and zipped around erratically in a zig zag fashion, incredibly fast and then suddenly moved back to its original position and more quickly than I can put into words moved away from us in a straight line. Now I'm not saying it was defiantly aliens but it really flabbergasted me.

I'd love to know if anyone else saw it or lives in Wicklow town and can explain to me what it was. I always wonder if that couple got any footage of it......

I know what it is !! thats was me if you want to know so end of the story :) I have night hawk kite its round and with led lights so my hobby you will see many times doin the summer up da hills wicklow mountains

care to post some pics of her in action?

care to post some pics of her in action?

I never did record it my kite while flying really but I will show you the smiler kite like mine
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zM0m_Oeod8k

lol.. bet that looks funky up there alright :D

lol.. bet that looks funky up there alright :D

yeah looks good allright if you want to see more you may come up to wicklow town 14th may there gonna be kite festival

American SETI institute faces cut backs..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-13223633

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

UFO's - what do you believe?

I believe they exist because people do see (unidentified flying objects) and that is exactly what they are "unidentifed".

I put this together for all you seekers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKpECnEgjzA

• Advertisement

Its never been disputed that UFOs exist as any unidentified flying object is classed as a UFO until its identified, most of the questions and debating comes when people start talking about extraterrestrial life.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Why does the video above have megaliths in it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

We had some videos of objects turning into planes mid air in front of people.
    And some people dismissed it as angles.
    New witness testimony.
    I wonder how possible that would be.Might explain why people dont look twice if think they are planes.
    Illinois UFO changes shape to 'mimic' passing airliner

An Illinois witness reports watching an "extremely bright, amber colored light" in the sky at 2:40 a.m. on May 13, 2011, in a triangle shape, according to testimony from the Mutual UFO Network (MUFON) witness reporting database.

"I observed it for closed to 7 minutes when it started heading westbound," the witness stated. "As it moved it seemed to dip down, then go back up a little higher. It kept moving when all of the sudden a plane flew by between the object and my stand point."
    The witness says the unknown craft then changed from an amber ball and "seemed to mimic the aircraft passing by."

"The unknown craft then started heading my way. (Note: I have seen plenty planes in my life to know that the sudden change of direction for this craft wasn't typical of a jet liner). Anyhow it headed my way and zoomed just about 1,000 feet just a few houses short of where I was and headed north/west."

Another witness in Washington also reported an object that was changing shape on May 12, 2011, in MUFON Case # 29077.

The witness said that the object was "getting dimmer, then brighter, then turning into a disk shape. (This is looking south from north towards the Seattle metro area.) It started moving left ( or east) and disappeared. Another one showed up shortly after out of nowhere, and another appeared after that. They would get dim, then bright, then turn into orange 'saturn shapes'. After that, they would turn into a dim ball again, and disappear, then one would reappear. After there was one, another would appear, so there were two, then they both just disappeared."

http://www.examiner.com/ufo-in-national/illinois-ufo-changes-shape-to-mimic-passing-airliner

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭loldog

If they can cross the immense ethereal gulf between their world and ours, they can surely imitate a plane.

Riamfada wrote: »
    Why does the video above have megaliths in it?

good point. well it's fixed now as the title say's. :D

remember this ?. well they still haven't found out what it was. ufo ireland say's the case is still ongoing. read in full screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

i like Dr. Rick Strassman's theory of DMT and aliens - interdimensional stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭lolo62

has anyone seen this interview.....really great until the interviewer turns into an ego-maniac....still stephen greer is seriously interesting....particularly the stuff he says about PLF's (programmed life forms)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzqDVOjtNhg

ps nice vids zenno!

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭raveni

I'm a bit sceptic of a lot of UFO sightings, quite easy to fake, but I do believe that it's perfectly possible for aliens to be out there, we're here after all.

I think I saw something once, just looking around the sky at night one time and I saw an orangish light the size of a star move very quickly downwards then just turn to the left, then zoom across a short distance and then it just vanished.
    My mother has told me she's seen a very large light moving very purposely around in the sky before, though I haven't seen that myself.
    We know very well what satellites and planes look like:rolleyes: Would love to know what these things were.

Interesting video here:

I've never seen a ufo video with so many likes, usually the dislikes far outnumber the likes for these sort of videos. Although I'm fairly sure the Jersualem one was proven to be a hoax. As amazing as it would be if intelligent aliens existed I wish there was more credible evidence and some people who are determined to prove they do exist really grasp at straws with this stuff which only makes others more sceptic.

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭murrayp4

raveni wrote: »
    I'm a bit sceptic of a lot of UFO sightings, quite easy to fake, but I do believe that it's perfectly possible for aliens to be out there, we're here after all.

I think I saw something once, just looking around the sky at night one time and I saw an orangish light the size of a star move very quickly downwards then just turn to the left, then zoom across a short distance and then it just vanished.
    My mother has told me she's seen a very large light moving very purposely around in the sky before, though I haven't seen that myself.
    We know very well what satellites and planes look like:rolleyes: Would love to know what these things were.

Interesting video here:

I've never seen a ufo video with so many likes, usually the dislikes far outnumber the likes for these sort of videos. Although I'm fairly sure the Jersualem one was proven to be a hoax. As amazing as it would be if intelligent aliens existed I wish there was more credible evidence and some people who are determined to prove they do exist really grasp at straws with this stuff which only makes others more sceptic.

Moscow looks like a lenticular cloud.
    New York was balloons from an engagement party.
    Norway spiral was a malfunctioning Russian Bulava missile.
    Jerusalem is a confirmed hoax
    There also seems to be a lot of Chinese lanterns in there....but the Chinese UFO is pretty interesting and as far as I know, still unexplained.

• Advertisement

heres a video most of you will not have seen. it's a very interesting one regarding ufo sightings before we were technologically aware in flight/spaceflight.

for one I have studied this phenomena part-time for 20 years and I am damn curious just like everyone else on what they are (as they are still looking for answers in hessdalen norway), but the problem today is the fact that the military industrial complex of both the u.s.a and other military black budget programs in other countries have very technological programs going on with serious high-tech craft at this time and would be difficult for some people to distinguish between a real unidentified flying object and a top secret military one now. but the main point on looking for information on unidentified objects is the past, before we had any electronic or basic technology as such.

don't forget unidentified flying objects have been recorded for hundreads and thousands of years in the past, but unfortunately most scientists (not all) have disregarded this phenomena and will not study it as it is taboo in their field and they will be quickly out of a job if they looked into this phenomena. the past is the key.

Advertisement