Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFO's - what do you believe?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭dyer

what do ye make of this

OP says it was travelling around 20-30mph at a height of 2/300 feet (if i rem correctly) and almost silent. she also says she has seen the same or similiar objects before hovering over a nearby forest. i took a still and i can clearly make out a plane of some sort but its the lights that really have me puzzled.

14tlu1y.jpg

here are stills i made from the HD video as it progresses in time.
    verticalk.jpg

for comparison here are some shots of an F16 with its lights on.
    f16s.jpg

ive been searching but havent found anything so far with the intensity the lights exhibit in the video. feel free to enlighten me. she refers to these as 'christmas tree ufos' because of the excessive lighting. if you watch what appear to be the taxi lights, they turn from a white-ish colour to blue, one dims to a fine point of light before 'turning off' before the other follows suit, the light itself also appears to be spinning or gyrating. its better to watch the vid frame by frame so you can really see the lights changing.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭loldog

Definitely something amiss there. Too many lights and that green light should not be in the middle like that. Very odd. It looks like there is a tail fin illumination too, which looks very much like a commercial aircraft.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭maninasia

A+B+C+D+E= Z

That's the logic of this argument. This looks like a plane, ever see a plane in the distance, it's a speck of bright light, when it approaches it quickly becomes 3 lights or so and then you can see the whole thing (go to any airport approach path).

This is filmed in the US where they have various military aircraft, stealth aircraft and also unknown types of aircraft such as 'black triangles' in operation. Just because they don't have 'regulation lights' doesn't mean anything!

A lot of the 'lights' and 'morphing' are caused by the camera as it struggles to focus and get the right exposure and contrast...regular cameras have a real hard time of taking pictures of anything in the sky let alone at night and a moving lit object against a dark sky. She did get a good shot of what looks to be some type of slow flying jet but there is no reference point so you can't tell how far away it is or the location. That's more than a bit odd right?

Finally the video poster says that if something doesn't show up on radar if must be 'a fake plane'...no dummy, it could be flying too low to be picked up on radar or else be a stealth plane. It also depends what radar you are using.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

whats the story with this?

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread489861/pg1

I say mad woman.

this is what a jet should sound like.. obviously if youve ever seen and heard real fighter aircraft you know these vids dont do it any justice.. you can feel the noise in your whole body and the ground shakes when these things fly over.

B1B Bomber

B-2 Spirit Stealth Bomber

F-16

F-22A raptor

F-117A night hawk

when it approaches it quickly becomes 3 lights or so and then you can see the whole thing

yeah i agree.. but 4 big spots at the back? which change colour and intensity and then disappear completely with different lights appearing at the front, which are also spinning? the lights arent normal! even the way they operate isnt normal. look at any photage of aircraft flyovers at night and youll see a big difference.
    there is no reference point so you can't tell how far away it is or the location

you can see trees obscuring the craft if you pay close enough attention.. and in the first shot where shes using night vision you can use that to gauge the landscape.. look at all of her other uploads.. there are some very weird objects flying around that area.. she has also captured military apache helicopters scouting the same area during some of these sightings.
    Finally the video poster says that if something doesn't show up on radar if must be 'a fake plane'...no dummy, it could be flying too low to be picked up on radar or else be a stealth plane.

i agree with that completely.. it would all depend on what kind of radar is being used, and they might not ever release sensitive military data to the public.. but shes going down the right route in attempting to investigate the sightings at least.

i know from previous posts you believe 'triangles' are man made.. but i really dont think they are from what ive seen and read.
    whats the story with this?

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread489861/pg1

I say mad woman.

maccored : thats some far out **** :)

you can find similiar stuff on project camelot.

http://projectcamelotportal.com/camelot-library.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

I dont know if this was proven as something else,but here anyway.

Ukraine Airshow Ufo Crash Kills 85

http://www.disclose.tv/action/viewvideo/1982/Ukraine_Airshow_Ufo_Crash__Kills_85/

Now that is what is what i saw a good few time in our skies.
    Live footage of the one that happened in China that closed the airport.

http://www.disclose.tv/action/viewvideo/50884/UFO_Shuts_Down_Chinese_Airport__Live_Video_Footage/

Chinese officials said that they knew what the object had been but were unable to make it public because there was a "military connection".

hmm! that could mean anything really.

dyer wrote: »
    Chinese officials said that they knew what the object had been but were unable to make it public because there was a "military connection".

hmm! that could mean anything really.

Then begs the question,why was this particular object sighted over Ireland in 2007 and 2008 and 2011 :confused::D which two of them i spotted as you know recent and back in 2007.
    I did not think we could see Chinese air space from here :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

caseyann wrote: »
    Then begs the question,why was this particular object sighted over Ireland in 2007 and 2008 and 2011 :confused::D which two of them i spotted as you know recent and back in 2007.
    I did not think we could see Chinese air space from here :eek:

And you know it is the exact same one that the Chinese are talking about how?

• Advertisement

GodlessM wrote: »
    And you know it is the exact same one that the Chinese are talking about how?

Because i have eyes,and can see the exact same thing i saw in Irish skies both times in that video i linked above.

Yes because all bright lights are easily distinguishable and identifiable :rolleyes:

Yes because all bright lights are easily distinguishable and identifiable :rolleyes:

Who said anything about bright lights? Does that look like a bright light to you? If you had bothered to read what i posted previously you would know what i was talking about.
    Believe what you want,i know what i saw.;)

The thing in the Chinese video? Yeah, it's a very bright light that's moving alarmingly fast through the sky and projecting a very wide radius. Looks cool I must say.

The thing in the Chinese video? Yeah, it's a very bright light that's moving alarmingly fast through the sky and projecting a very wide radius. Looks cool I must say.

No not the lights part i was talking about the object that appears to have smoke filtering from it and traveling across the sky.If i saw the other thing i would have said.Like i said already go back and look at the pictures i put up and then look at the video for the live Chinese report.

i was watching this last night.. http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/black-box-ufo-secrets/

one of the pilots made mention of a ufo with a strange vapour trail in his accounts.
    interesting docu anyway.
    Since the earliest years of manned flight, pilots and astronauts from around the world have encountered UFOs high in our skies and beyond.

The History Channel’s Black Box UFO Secrets reveals for the first time the cockpit and control tower audio recordings of pilot and astronaut confrontations and sightings of unidentified flying objects high in our skies.

From a detailed account of one of the very the first reported pilot case – the Arnold case in 1947 – to recent recordings over New England and Texas and NASA recordings and video from 2005, the programme features interviews with pilots, witness and experts, including UCLA’s Joseph Nagy, actor Ed Asner, and pilot/UFO researcher Don Berliner.

Here are some more documentaries for ye... the first is based on the Hessdalen lights in Norway which i mentioned briefly before. This case attracted many scientists from around the world over the years and even a joint venture with SETI in Italy. The sightings range from typical orbs and spheres, plasma like flares, and actual craft. The second takes a look into the world of abductees..

The Portal: The Hessdalen Lights Phenomenon

Hessdalen is a small valley in the central part of Norway. At the end of 1981 through 1984, residents of the Valley became concerned and alarmed about strange, unexplained lights that appeared at many locations throughout the Valley. Hundreds of lights were observed. At the peak of activity there were about 20 reports a week.Project Hessdalen was established in the summer of 1983 to study Unidentified Aerial Phenomenon (UAP) and Unidentified Flying Object(UFO) sightings. A field investigation was carried out between 21 January and 26 February 1984.

Fifty-three light observations were made during the field investigation. Assistant professor Erling Strand, the founder of the Hessdalen project, conducted together with the author the first international congress of the Hessdalen phenomena in 1994. This congress attracted scientists from all over the world and boosted the scientific research in Hessdalen.

Statements from the congress indicated that explanation of the phenomena could lead to new concepts in physics. This congress also started the collaboration between stfold University College in Norway and CNR in Italy. Together with Dr. Stelio Montebugnoli the author started the EMBLA project, with the purpose of studying the electromagnetic radiation and behavior of the Hessdalen phenomena in 1999.

Lights are still being observed in the Hessdalen Valley, but their frequency has decreased to about 20 observations a year.The following is the conclusions from over 25 years of research and after Italian SETI scientists got involved with much more highly sophisticated equipment.

John E Mack - Experiencers

John Mack appears only briefly in the film, his death having occurred soon after production began. More substantial are visits to the New England countryside with experiencers, including one couple who videotaped an unidentified flying object hovering above a lake a few hours before they were abducted from their lakeside cottage. Also in the film is New York artist and alien encounter investigator Budd Hopkins.

Although this documentary is similar to other documentaries commonly seen on American cable television, it has a more leisurely pace and gives more time for the experiencers to explain themselves than is commonly granted in US productions. One of the best interviews in the program is not with an experiencer at all, but rather with the husband of an experiencer, who matter-of-factly explains how his family has come to terms with his wife's experiences.

John E. Mack, M.D.

Here are some more documentaries for ye... the first is based on the Hessdalen lights in Norway which i mentioned briefly before. This case attracted many scientists from around the world over the years and even a joint venture with SETI in Italy. The sightings range from typical orbs and spheres, plasma like flares, and actual craft. The second takes a look into the world of abductees..

The Portal: The Hessdalen Lights Phenomenon

Hessdalen is a small valley in the central part of Norway. At the end of 1981 through 1984, residents of the Valley became concerned and alarmed about strange, unexplained lights that appeared at many locations throughout the Valley. Hundreds of lights were observed. At the peak of activity there were about 20 reports a week.Project Hessdalen was established in the summer of 1983 to study Unidentified Aerial Phenomenon (UAP) and Unidentified Flying Object(UFO) sightings. A field investigation was carried out between 21 January and 26 February 1984.

Fifty-three light observations were made during the field investigation. Assistant professor Erling Strand, the founder of the Hessdalen project, conducted together with the author the first international congress of the Hessdalen phenomena in 1994. This congress attracted scientists from all over the world and boosted the scientific research in Hessdalen.

Statements from the congress indicated that explanation of the phenomena could lead to new concepts in physics. This congress also started the collaboration between stfold University College in Norway and CNR in Italy. Together with Dr. Stelio Montebugnoli the author started the EMBLA project, with the purpose of studying the electromagnetic radiation and behavior of the Hessdalen phenomena in 1999.

Lights are still being observed in the Hessdalen Valley, but their frequency has decreased to about 20 observations a year.The following is the conclusions from over 25 years of research and after Italian SETI scientists got involved with much more highly sophisticated equipment.

John E Mack - Experiencers

John Mack appears only briefly in the film, his death having occurred soon after production began. More substantial are visits to the New England countryside with experiencers, including one couple who videotaped an unidentified flying object hovering above a lake a few hours before they were abducted from their lakeside cottage. Also in the film is New York artist and alien encounter investigator Budd Hopkins.

Although this documentary is similar to other documentaries commonly seen on American cable television, it has a more leisurely pace and gives more time for the experiencers to explain themselves than is commonly granted in US productions. One of the best interviews in the program is not with an experiencer at all, but rather with the husband of an experiencer, who matter-of-factly explains how his family has come to terms with his wife's experiences.

John E. Mack, M.D.

I have a new one.Spotted today in day light along with same as i saw the other day that i described.Not only once but twice tis morning and after noon.
    Along with a bright silvery object in the sky not moving,as i drove towards it and it didnt move for a good three minutes or more,then it vanished.It looked like oval shape and sun was reflecting off it making it so bright.
    Portals is a very interesting subject.

So you see UFO's every other day is that it?

So you see UFO's every other day is that it?

I haven't identified them so yes its Unidentified flying objects.

• Advertisement

I haven't identified them so yes its Unidentified flying objects.

:rolleyes: I understand I am maybe being a bit harsh on you, but seriously? No offense, but it really seems to me you are just seeing what you want to see. Since even when an isolated claim is met by skepticism usually even by the most open-minded of individuals, you can imagine how it sounds when an individual reports every other day that some spec in the sky might be aliens. It is a bit ridiculous.

regardless of what anyone thinks, only he can vouch for what he's seen. some areas become hotspots for multiple sightings in short spaces of time.. for whatever reasons.

caseyann : if you happen to have a pair of binoculars keep them with you, might give you a chance to have a better look in the event you do have another sighting.

you could also try contacting astronomy ireland about what youve witnessed in the area, maybe theyre aware of something that was going on up there during that period.

speaking of hessdalen, one of the collaborators remarked some of the fastest objects theyve tracked were travelling at around 30,000km/h .. thats close to 20,000mp/h or.. 5.2 miles per second. he also said they tracked an object on radar that was not visible to the naked eye, amongst other things.

another interesting fact was that they appeared to contain scandium.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scandium

i think the norweigans played it smart by not mentioning ufo's or anything in their studies.. this was purely a scientific project to attract the interests of the scientific community.. and it worked. they still remain unidentified.. but they gathered alot of important data and id love to see more work like this being done and taken seriously.

UFO's secret evidence is on more4 at 2300 :D

Also they say UFOs Help Innovative Thinkers Look to the Future

Where should forward-thinkers look when they seek innovative ideas? Perhaps to someone -- or something -- that's more innovative than they are.

From Saturday to Tuesday, more than 100 of the world's leaders in business, politics, education, sports, entertainment, the environment and technology are gathering for a conference in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. Nothing too weird about that. But among the many discussions of how to break new ground through global innovation, they'll be talking about UFOs.Where should forward-thinkers look when they seek innovative ideas? Perhaps to someone -- or something -- that's more innovative than they are.

From Saturday to Tuesday, more than 100 of the world's leaders in business, politics, education, sports, entertainment, the environment and technology are gathering for a conference in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. Nothing too weird about that. But among the many discussions of how to break new ground through global innovation, they'll be talking about UFOs.

http://www.aolnews.com/2011/01/22/ufos-help-innovative-thinkers-look-to-the-future/

heres a man made ufo :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avrocar

Avro VZ9 Avrocar • Avro Canada's Avrocar was intended to be an actual VTOL flying saucer. The eventual concept was to develop a saucer-shaped fighter jet capable of zipping around at Mach 3.5, but the Avrocar prototype had issues getting much beyond a ground effect hover, continuing stability problems made liftoff a bad idea anyway, and it generated so much heat that it would melt its own instruments after just a few flights. The Avrocar program ended in 1961, but if nothing else, the Avrocar ended up being one of the world's first hovercraft.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭liamwhite

considering there are probably billions of planets in the universe.. 500 is not even a grain of sand in the ocean compared to whats out there, so i think his "claim" is quite naiive to be honest. were lucky that earth lies in the so called golden circle orbiting the sun which allows mild enough conditions for life to evolve. his reasoning is kind of short sighted anyway.. perhaps life could have existed on that planet at some point.. just as the sun will eventually fry this planet to a crisp.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭Brain Stroking

With all the technology each of us possess in today's world why is there never even one clear video of a UFO with perspective to other objects in its vicinity clear? That is my big problem. All videos i see could be feasibly created in your bedroom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

With all the technology each of us possess in today's world why

Good point. A story. Back in the early days of photography two rich bored young girls double exposed fairy cut-outs against the backdrop of their garden.

Despite many knowing that this is precisely what was done, 'experts' had been called to authenticate the negatives and declare there was no hanky panky, this was like 50 years later and the girls stood by their tale that they talked to fairies and took the photos to prove that.

One went to her grave never breaking her silence, the other girl revealed on her death bed that they had faked the photos and she believed they had fooled the world for over 50 years, she died aged 80.

heres a man made ufo :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avrocar

Avro VZ9 Avrocar • Avro Canada's Avrocar was intended to be an actual VTOL flying saucer. The eventual concept was to develop a saucer-shaped fighter jet capable of zipping around at Mach 3.5, but the Avrocar prototype had issues getting much beyond a ground effect hover, continuing stability problems made liftoff a bad idea anyway, and it generated so much heat that it would melt its own instruments after just a few flights. The Avrocar program ended in 1961, but if nothing else, the Avrocar ended up being one of the world's first hovercraft.

I saw that on tv other day :D

http://www.huliq.com/10282/ufo-sighting-witness-testimony-shocking-comforting-say-experts

Julian Assange and his trove of 250,000 diplomatic cables obtained by his Web site WikiLeaks is set to release thousands of confidential messages about UFO sightings worldwide and the cover-up of what’s contained in these secret UFO files; at the same time, National Archives records reveal two former U.S. presidents having seen UFOs as well as other types of secret information about extraterrestrial flying saucers and other details that some 15 million Americans already believe in.

Moreover, hundreds of other credible witnesses, to include military generals and law enforcement officials, have openly stated and even testified under oath before Congress that UFO evidence exists because “they witnessed it.”

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

Moreover, hundreds of other credible witnesses, to include military generals and law enforcement officials, have openly stated and even testified under oath before Congress that UFO evidence exists because “they witnessed it.”

Add ion the FOO Fighter during WWII RAF special sections to intercept and destroy UFOs. Germany was believed to have UFO technology and the Germans feared the Russian equivalents.

Way back in history battles were fought if the 'Gods were on your side' ~ seemingly a force that could win you the day, but not controllable and could not be summoned, but if they turned up on your side, it was seemingly more than a sign ~ history is full of episodes where small battle groups defeated massive opposing forces and sonic weapons used against structures and thing vibrating apart.

All our past civilisations paid hommage ~ but to exactly what remains the mystery. That items like we see today were reported thousands of years ago. Are they the same, exactly the same or a series of different things, who made them, we could have made them as we knew the planet was going through a global extinction event but we lost the knowledge.

That there is something is irrefutable, IMO, what it is debatable.

Advertisement