Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Galway C&C

• 15-05-2010 4:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭

Hi all

I took these pictures a while ago and have been experimenting with them a little. They maybe considered rubbish but all the same some C&C would be appreciated.

Mutton Island
    DE137F7306FF4B4AB44212F7F250B710-800.jpg

St Nicholas's and the Cathedral
    70E58FCBC7C44BE89832FC484C8A2CED-800.jpg

The Cathedral. I know some else posted a similar picture but already had this one and am not trying to step on their toes as it were.
    922C686808E84235BC05071E4C97B8F9-800.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Irishmarinelife

The middle one Of St Nicholas's and the Cathedral....you nailed it I think, really original perspective and depth of field etc. seems perfect

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

I like the long lens shots (except #3...kinda bland), but I really do not like the processing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭dave66

Like them all, but fav would be #1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Heebie

I like that you're not afraid for the subject to be dark in order to have lots of detail in the highlights. :)

Nice & contrasty, but not too much. Some creative manipulation of curves could get you a bit higher detail levels, and higher contrast in the darker areas. I think the highlight areas like clouds are looking really good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭K_user

vulcan57 wrote: »
    The Cathedral. I know some else posted a similar picture but already had this one and am not trying to step on their toes as it were.
    That was me and you aren't stepping on my toes - always good to be able to compare and contrast :D

Like the Dyke Road one (#3)- but perhaps it has too much empty sky?
    A bit of a crop might help a little? Or if you are heading back that way perhaps bring a filter along?

St Nicholas's and the Cathedral (#2) - would be my favourite. Its an interesting view point, well done. The only down point is that the Cathedral is slightly blocked, it would be better to have a clear view of both. But in saying that, it probably wasn't a matter of choice, as it would depend on where you took the photograph. I'd like to see a B&W version, with some Dodging and Burning, just to really make the shadows pop.

• Advertisement
Advertisement