Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CV program?

• 15-05-2010 4:43pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭

A friend is seeking a good CV program for his job hunting.
    Im guessing he would prefer some form of free program up to the job.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

As in a program to do up his CV? Most people just do them up in word using one the the CV/Resume templates.

If he doesnt have word you can download Open Office which is a free open source version of a software thats the same as office basically.

I would advice saving them as a pdf if he is sending them to people rather than sending them a word document.

http://www.openoffice.org/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I would sent it as a word or rtf document, not a PDF. So, open office as suggested, or even wordpad.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Sending it as a pdf means it cant be edited, I would never send quotes, receipts, invoices etc to clients in word document form.
    Same applies to a CV, which is why I would send it as a pdf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I disagree for a number of reasons, but that's one for the work forum I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Going to bounce this to C&T unless the OP mentions that its specifically for a web site or web based system, then it can go back to Software Design or Development as appropriate.

• Advertisement
Advertisement