Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FlashForward cancelled

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Flashforward was average at best but just about has kept me watching. V is so poor it's almost in so bad it's good territory. I suppose we can predict there won't be another flashforward or should I spoiler that prediction :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Flashforward has been useless with bland characters and crap acting. The acting in V aint too better but I actually find it exciting and I always look forward to watching V whereas sometimes its a struggle to get the effort to watch the new Flashforward. Much happier V has survived (if it has,any confirmation on that?) instead of FF.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Glad to hear this show was axed, just wish they took V with them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭zimovain

Is FF stopped dead or do they have a few ep's to wrap it up??

zimovain wrote: »
    Is FF stopped dead or do they have a few ep's to wrap it up??
    The show will complete its run of 22 episodes, which means 2 more to go with the finale on 27th May stateside.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Gave up on both FlashForward and V after about 3 episodes, with the intention to return to V during the summer when there isn't much else on...
    FlashForward was truly awful... Good riddance...

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Scrubs canceled?
    Thought it was already, if it still was ongtoing its about time its gone tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

Flash Forward was really bad. I Barely watched 1 episode. RTE really pushed it and over-hyped it too when they got it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Flash Forward is rubbish. Good to see it cancelled

• Registered Users Posts: 18,583 ✭✭✭✭kippy

In fairness theres a lot worse than FF out there. It beats the crap out of another generic reality show for one.
    That said, theres nothing worse than dragging out a show because its popular. It seriously makes a hames of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭omerin

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    Flash Forward is rubbish. Good to see it cancelled

i like it, but i'd imagine the producers knew early enough into the production that it had a limited shelf life and have had to cram it all into 1 season, so now its a mess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Is there something wrong with me that I'm loving V?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

Scrubs has long run its course. Never bothered with Flash Forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

Much preferred Flash Forward to V, but if I'm honest I care very little about both shows. They pale in comparison to most other genre shows past and present.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Flash Forward was a good idea but badly executed. The whole "fk, I know what happens" things gets tiresome, and there were serious holes in the plot...

Ironically, if those who had commissioned the show had had a flash forward, they would have known not to go ahead with it.. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,595 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Ha, so much for Flashforward being THE replacement for Lost. I'm kinda disappointed it has been cancelled. The first few episodes were ok, then it got kinda crap for while just before the mid-season break. But the last few episodes have bee npretty exciting and entertaining.
    Wouldn't mind if V was cancelled, that's fairly rubbish. I mean showing 4 episodes then going on a break for like 2-3 months not a great idea. Havent watched it since it came back. (That's from TV3/3e)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭kevin12345

Flash Forward is better than other ABC shows such as V and Cougar Town which are....shockingly bad :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

It was pure drivel.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭elainers

Haddockman wrote: »
    It was pure drivel.

I wouldn't have called it drivel. I actually was just starting to get into it. Though to be honest, it was the more recent episodes that were aired in the states that caused that.

I wouldn't compare it to Lost - now that was a show that was drivel!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,763 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Terrible show, deservedly cancelled tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Whoever thought Joseph Fiennes was a good choice for that character needed their head read. Load of crap, definitely not surprised at its cancellation.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

It was a lot better than some people on here are making out. It had a couple of bad episodes which sealed its fate, but it was still miles ahead of most shows of its kind.

kevin12345 wrote: »
    Flash Forward is better than other ABC shows such as V and Cougar Town which are....shockingly bad :pac:
    Not exactly comparin like with like there re: Cougar Town comparison. Plus I disagree, Cougar Town is at least original.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

seems people don't appreciate original (for TV) series. they just want predictable crap like V, which has been done to death before, the whole alien invaders story! seen it a million times.
    much preferred FlashForward, but admittedly it had a lot of side-stories. if they had condensed it to a 12/13 episode series, it could have been epic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

whiteman19 wrote: »
    seems people don't appreciate original (for TV) series.

People appreciate good acting and decent writing. Neither of which were present with Flash Forward. Breaking Bad was a great show when it began and it still is so to say people don't appreciate original tv series is clutching at straws.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

my problem with flash forward and alot of shows like it is they dont have an end in sight, hoping to continue their story for seasons and seasons ala lost. Thus the very question or premise raised by the opening episode will never get answered.

I would like a show like this to stick to a single season format. It would tighten the story line and keep the viewers hooked.

Harpers island did this and although it was cliched it stuck to its guns and was a better show for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I was actually quite enjoying Flashforward :cool:

I thought it would have been better to have wrapped it up in one season though and kept it focused on the April date for the flashforward, the longer it went the more convoluted it got and the "no end in sight" thing reared it's ugly head. As much as I enjoyed it I shudder to think what it would have become given 2 or 3 more seasons :eek:

Edit: Good point Optimalprimerib re: Harpers Island

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

I like the main story arc to flashforward, but the acting and writing is just terrible. It's a good concept, just executed terribly.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Could've been done a lot better given it had an interesting concept. However, the acting was generally woeful as were the charcters. There were far too many "soap opera" moments, particularly in the first half. They seemed more concerned about who might sleep with who rather than who was causing the problems. The second half of the season did try and move away from this, but it was too little and too late.

It also really bugged me that people took the future as inevitable and it took someone leaping off a building to make them think "Oh gee, it could be changed". I thought of that thirty seconds into the show. Why does nobody go "Oh I was being drowned in that time window in my house... hmm maybe I'll go elsewhere that day then". The fatalism is just dumb. That and something siginifcant is happening to everyone during those two minutes? Gah.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Did they get to finish the series? Is there an ending?

Advertisement