Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Re-applying for grant in year 2?

Options
  • 15-05-2010 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

When can i apply and do i have to go through the same long process as before?........:(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

I actually want to know more about this too but I don't think it's the same long process as when you first applied. I think they might send you out a renewal form or something requesting grades and financial info from 2009.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭keepkeyyellow

I still haven't received my grant yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Chamberlin

If you got the grant the previous year you will get it for the duration of your course e.g. 3-4 yrs, you don't need to do anything, they may look for proof you passed your exams, just ring them up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

Contact your county council after you get your exam results. They give you a form, no-where near as detailed as the first and you fill that out. Grant amount is the same as you get in first year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

Chamberlin wrote: »
    If you got the grant the previous year you will get it for the duration of your course e.g. 3-4 yrs, you don't need to do anything, they may look for proof you passed your exams, just ring them up.

What happens in terms of the grant if you didn't pass one of your exams, are you still eligible?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

What happens in terms of the grant if you didn't pass one of your exams, are you still eligible?

my friend failed a few and she still received it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

I think you just need to be getting through to the next stage of your course. Say if you're repeating a semester than you're not eligible for it for that semester, but once you're continuing on with the stages, you should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

UCD will be in contact with your county council. You don't have to do anything but sit back and wait. If they're really nit-picky get a form from UCD student desk saying you're progressing to 2nd year. They don't know care about grades specifically, county councils only want to know if you're progressing.

Yes, you only need 50 credits to progress, so you can fail one but I wouldn't recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

Contact your county council after you get your exam results. They give you a form, no-where near as detailed as the first and you fill that out. Grant amount is the same as you get in first year.
    Whats the story if things have changed at home? Can we get a 'change of mind' form or whatever?

• Advertisement

Jammyc wrote: »
    Whats the story if things have changed at home? Can we get a 'change of mind' form or whatever?

It depends, have things gotten worse or better?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

El Siglo wrote: »
    It depends, have things gotten worse or better?
    Quite a bit worse!

Jammyc wrote: »
    Quite a bit worse!

Arrange a meeting with them in Corporate Affairs (i.e. HEG people) they might get you to make out a new application form and parents income etc... but as fas as I can recall it goes on their income over the past year. But arrange to meet them, I doubt you're the only one who's circumstances have changed drastically so they might be a bit more accommodating.

Advertisement