Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom zyxel routers

• 15-05-2010 5:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hi there,
    got a new router out to the house there last week from eircom, this new zyxel p-660hw-t1 v3. got it becasue the internet connection kept going at random times, strangely enough around six o clock on most days. Turns out i think the old router was just fine but the dsl cable was worn. they took the old router damn them. I cant play xbox live with this new router.

an absolute nightmare, pulling my hair out trying every possible solution, ways of port forwarding, changing every possible setting, connecting through a cable router, when i should be studying for my exams.

Determined i want to find a solution and help everyone else who recieved these pieces of c**p.

Any solutions? if not, any ideas on how to joyfully destroy it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Xennon

Bin it and get a propper modem, stop wasting your time on junk. Even Zyxel know its a POS.

Sorry for being abrupt, but it is what it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Any suggestions for a good replacement ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,530 ✭✭✭swoofer

netgear dg834pn

gb--

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 electromech

yeah its on the cards i think a new one is needed. went out and got a net gear, need a modem though. pain in the a**.

Advertisement