Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fluke Multi tester

Options
  • 15-05-2010 5:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭

Hi folks, As a result of a change in my circumstances recently it looks like i may have to work for myelf in the near future. I know that in order to reg with RECI/ECSSA i need to purchase a multi-tester. I have used mainly fluke testers over the years and want to know are there any issues with buying then second hand? I was looking at a fluke 1652 for sale on ebay.uk which seemed hardly used nd at a good price but i want to know if there would be any issues with getting it callibrated here in Ireland? any advice

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭mazthespark

no i doubt it would be an issue to get re calibrated but just would be aware that if it goes wrong mitent be able to return it too easy or at all as with mist ebay transactions.

there a great tester looking for one myself at the moment also

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭eoghan.geraghty

Butler Tech in Maynooth should calibrate it for you, I've found them to be very helpful in the past. I have the 1652 myself, brilliant piece of kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭bonzos

Any idea what the cost of calibration is? also does the 1652 have a data log option?

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭mazthespark

not certain of cost but its between 100 & 200e afaik. dont think the 1652 has data log only 1653 has. but a pen and paper works well too :)

Advertisement