Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best kebabs in Limerick

Options
  • 15-05-2010 5:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭

I crave a nice big kebab.

Where does the nicest in Limerick?

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Chili Kebabish on Ellen Street.
    Get the "mixed" chicken and lamb kebab.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,356 ✭✭✭Tefral

I love the Kebabs in Kebabish on Ellen Street

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭RINO87

Turkuaz. Opposite Milk Market.
    Only real kebab meat in the city.
    'Nuff said!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭gaf1983

Chili Kebabish kebabs are tasty, I've had a few bad reactions to them afterwards though. Although the last time I was there I tried a fish kebab, interesting to say the least. Rio's on Parnell St do a fairly messy one; Kashmir by Baker Place ones are about the size of an A4 sheet of paper; while in terms of freshness I'd say Turkuaz on Cornmarket are the best. Depends what you're looking for in a kebab I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭cullen5998

Im looking for one with lots of fresh salad and sauce. I had a look at their munus, hard to pick which one. Im always very indecisive when hungover though :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Casa Nova on high street with garlic sauce.

Also get a Garlic Cheese portion. Its not traditional bread. Its done on a 7" pizza. Really nice. :D

The two together are only €7.50

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Jigga

You do know a kebab contains the equivalent of a wine glass full of cooking fat

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Gets my vote.

Very feckin messy though, have to eat it straight away. Left it too long once and had to eat it off the roof of the car it was so messy- lettuce and sauce all over the ground, looked like some sort of culinary accident!

Jigga wrote: »

Fvck off Gillian Mckeith :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭cullen5998

Ok i'll just eat a head of lettuce instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Absolutely gorgeous

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭sioda

Love Turkuaz great Kebab but huge thumbs up for the Chicken Schwarma in the Kasmir house up on Davis street great Naan Bread

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I think I'm going to have to try out some of these other places as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭boodlesdoodles

Turkuaz is the best IMHO. They have real meat and their flatbreads are authentic. Their chicken shish tastes of holidays if ya get me!!

cullen5998 wrote: »
    Ok i'll just eat a head of lettuce instead.
    You would be better off.

Do you know the ingredients of a kebab? Basically all parts of lamb (lips, eye lashes, etc) are placed in a cylinder press and a couple hours later you have a kebab! The meat is then constantly reheated on that spit

25% of the weight of a kebab is saturated fat FFS! Odd one is ok but eat them regualrly and you will get high cholesterol in no time and high risk of a heart attack down the line, but hey its your life...

You would be better off.

Do you know the ingredients of a kebab? Basically all parts of lamb (lips, eye lashes, etc) are placed in a cylinder press and a couple hours later you have a kebab! The meat is then constantly reheated on that spit

25% of the weight of a kebab is saturated fat FFS! Odd one is ok but eat them regualrly and you will get high cholesterol in no time and high risk of a heart attack down the line, but hey its your life...

Nyom Nyom Kebabs! :P

You would be better off.

I'm gonna get one tonight,just to annoy you! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Jambo221

I think the only thing you're going to aggravate is you're own body :P

I rarely eat kebabs myself, but when I'm in the region I find it hard to turn down a kebab from Remix in Castletroy, best value and cleanest IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Kebabs can be really nice - Crunchy salad, the tasty, spicy sauces, chewy 'meat-type-stuff' - Hey wait!!!!

- You do need to win a mental battle over that Pedigree Chum style Mystery Meat. Basically its a 2.5 foot high compressed 'meat' block on a spinning skewer being calor gassed for God knows how many weeks or even months.

Not that you care too much after 10 pints :P

- Whats the best chicken Kebab going in Limerick?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

Yeah and I think your recommended salt intake for the week!! But who's counting after a night on the lash :D

• Advertisement

Flaccus wrote: »
    Yeah and I think your recommended salt intake for the week!! But who's counting after a night on the lash :D

Well bear in mind some of us are fat and don't really give a crap about salt and calories. :D No night on the lash required. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Jambo221

Raiser wrote: »
    Whats the best chicken Kebab going in Limerick?
    Remix do an amazing Chicken Tikka kebab, but being an advocate of frugality, I'd seriously recommend a DIY kebab.

http://www.thekitchn.com/thekitchn/middle-eastern/recipe-easy-homemade-pita-bread-090844

Those are cheap and easy, along with some grilled chicken and whatever else you like, all at a fraction of the price you'd normally pay, though some would argue the effort isn't worth the price :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Get a time machine and visit friar tucks, where apache pizza is now. Kebab was good was'nt great but they made the best curry chip in town, 2 of them complimneted each other perfectly.

Tasty bites up from the railway does a pretty nice kebab, mainly does pizza's ut the kebabs are to die for.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭LimerickCity

Get a time machine and visit friar tucks, where apache pizza is now. Kebab was good was'nt great but they made the best curry chip in town, 2 of them complimneted each other perfectly.

Tasty bites up from the railway does a pretty nice kebab, mainly does pizza's ut the kebabs are to die for.

I will second that, Tasty Bites kebabs are the jawb and not too messy. The Naan Bread is cooked fresh, the filling is placed inside and the naan bread is rolled so it is easy to eat. It does get messy towards the end but well worth a try. You will do well to finish a large one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Turkuaz is the best IMHO. They have real meat and their flatbreads are authentic. Their chicken shish tastes of holidays if ya get me!!

have to agree best around

Won't annoy me, my arteries aren't going to be clogged!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Wetbench4

+1 for Turkauz. Artery clogging goodness:D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

The chicken kebab in Turkuaz has discernable chicken meat in it. Must be a wee bit healthier?

Won't annoy me, my arteries aren't going to be clogged!

Nothing wrong with indulging once in a while sure!I didnt get that kebab in the end!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭sioda

The chicken kebab in Turkuaz has discernable chicken meat in it. Must be a wee bit healthier?

Unlike a lot of places Turkuaz actually make their meat stack in house have seen them flattening chicken breasts and stackin them up.

Feic it now im hungry:P

Advertisement