Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New AMD six core processors - Ordered mine from Pixmania

Options
  • 15-05-2010 5:38pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 137 ✭✭

AMD Athlon Phenom II X6 1090T - 299 Euro

AMD Athlon Phenom II X6 1055T - 189 Euro

I ordered one of each. The 1055T to upgrade an old PC and the 1090T to build a new one.

:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Deano12345

Excellent price for what you get, we want benchmarks when the arrive ! :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Toms already has a bench out but it looks very hinky (reviewer re-tested on one benchmark and accidentally got very different results than the "official" bench alleged :o).

In any case they should rip through modern multithreaded apps that even HyperThreading turns its nose up at and eventually games may follow (most recent games are tri- or quad-threaded, not massively multithreaded)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Op-Let me know how you get on with the x6 1055t.

Just emailed my mobo manufacturer last night and they say it`ll take the x6 in 95w tdp without a bios update so I think thats gonna be my next upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭dazberry

I bought an X6 1055T a couple of weeks ago. I have an ASUS M4A785-M, so just needed a BIOS upgrade, just swapped the CPUs with no problems.

I replaced an x3 720 BE which had a faulty 4th core, so I always felt hard done by - bought the x6 in compensation, but it's pretty much overkill for what I need. Fantastic price at sub €200.

D.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

dazberry wrote: »
    I bought an X6 1055T a couple of weeks ago. I have an ASUS M4A785-M, so just needed a BIOS upgrade, just swapped the CPUs with no problems.

Is yours the 95watt or 125watt?

I replaced an x3 720 BE which had a faulty 4th core, so I always felt hard done by - bought the x6 in compensation, but it's pretty much overkill for what I need. Fantastic price at sub €200.

D.

Same here Im on a x3 aswell.But definately interested in the x6.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭dazberry

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Is yours the 95watt or 125watt?

125 watt version, HDT55TFBGRBOX

D.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭nani17

It's 320 now

Advertisement