Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electrics

Options
  • 15-05-2010 5:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭

All,

I'm in a new build about 19 months now and I've consistently been getting little shocks from the cooker extractor hood anytime I've gone to change the lights.
    However, today I was cleaning the cooker and while wiping it with a damp cloth I went to turn on the light overhead so I could see better.
    Got the mother of all shocks and managed to trip the electrics in the whole apt.

Now obviously I need to get this seen to, but should it be the guys who put the wiring in (ie the builder) or the guys who installed the appliances?

Not being quite in the know about electrical items I'm a bit lost as to what I can do

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,631 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Sounds like it got grounded when it was screwed to the wall. Likely the fault of who installed the appliance.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

had an electrician call out - apparently whoever installed it, managed to put a screw right through a cable in the wall....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement