Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Language and memory

Options
  • 15-05-2010 6:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭

Just wondering what are you opinions on learning vocabulary for languages, with focus on french for myself.

Anyway so I was organising my french notes and writing down all the vocab I didn't know, I then re-wrote it into verbs and random grammer.

Two days later (today) I picked out two pages and started learning them. It took only 2 readings to remember all the words (which I was shocked to find) and can still recite them if i'm looking at the English translation.

Now here's my question, do you think it's ok to assume if I know the vocabulary whilst looking at the english of the word that in an exam the words will just regurgitate themselves becuse I've learnt them or would I need to keep relearning them?

I may have badly phrased that though, I'm just wondering will the words come to me as I'm in favour of vocabulary or sentences.

Advertisement