Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vodafone broadband,good or bad!

• 15-05-2010 6:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭

Hi,

Recently had door2door salesman trying to sell Vodafone broadband. 3mb & unlimited calls for 45euro. Im currently on the same with eircom for €56.75

Its cheaper but what is the standard of service like?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 394 ✭✭Gaw_

Both of them are terribile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

I find it excellent. And we have been with BT and eircom before that.

Everybody around me is with eircom so the contention ratio was poor.

Were the only one on Vodafone on the street and its very fast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Peanut

Used to be on BT, now after being transferred to Vodafone I think the pings and disconnects are a bit more erratic.

Switching to Eircom NGB at the moment just for the lulz... :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Salvation

I migrated from BT have the "8MB" Package, intially after the migration had issues but after profile changes it has settled down and now get constant speeds of 6.5MB Down and 0.57MB up almost everytime.

Pings are coming back at 12ms and Jitter 1ms

Got Imagine Wimax yesterday to have a seperate connection for work but dropping it.

So yes Vodafone are good, customer service is A1 as is there Tech support and billing account site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭patwicklow

i had the same thing a sales guy so i joined about 5 weeks ago they gave me a new number that was very quick and about 5 days later the postman delivered the white modem, so went to set up modem no good rang them and they said they have no account for me what so ever so gave them the invoice details ect still heard nothing back from them now 5 weeks later still no broadband even though the phone is on with them rang services again on wed same thing they have no account what so ever so fed up now just gonna send the whole lot back to them or bin the modem one or the other..this happened to anyone eles with this crowd?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭yuloni

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭elchanco

some poor reviews of vodafone. i had no problems with eircom so i might just stay with them. But I could save around 120euro p/year if i changed:rolleyes:... recession & all that!

I got a poor speedtest...

816503431.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭KELTICKNIGHTT

sister had it and got rid of it

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭daisydotty

Changed from eircom to vodafone in march and its a ****in disaster.i've 3 mb and it wrecks my head.can't even watch a clip on you tube without it pausing every 3 seconds.they also ****ed up my bill and took it from the wrong account.if i'm my time back again i wouldn't switch at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭dogpile

Was good for the first few months then it was bad now it's good again

[URL="[URL=http://www.speedtest.net][IMG]http://www.speedtest.net/result/816576864.png[/IMG][/URL]"][/url]816576864.png

and should improve again with Enhanced BB......would still get UPC if they ever got their arse in gear, twice the speed for substantially less? no brainer

but they haven't seen fit to make it available to everyone in the countries Capital :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 buzzthewire

As a business customer my experience with Vodafone has been very poor. Have just endured over two weeks of problems relating to migration of old BT Static addresses. Tech support do not understand the technical requirements of business customers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭luckyfrank

I had nothing but a nightmare since i switched my speeds have being terrible

http://www.speedtest.net/result/810140190.png

http://www.speedtest.net/result/810225790.png

http://www.speedtest.net/result/813130120.png

http://www.speedtest.net/result/813618607.png

Im at the stage where i just want out my monthly bill is nearly 83 euro and for what ?

I signed up with BT i never signed a contract with vodafone where do i stand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

elchanco wrote: »
    some poor reviews of vodafone. i had no problems with eircom so i might just stay with them. But I could save around 120euro p/year if i changed:rolleyes:... recession & all that!

I got a poor speedtest...

816503431.png

you must be on the eircom 1mb package are you??to be honest with vodafone things will get alot worse i switched from eircom to vf and could not get over 0.30mb download no matter what time of day it was and that was on a 3mb connection..anyways just got eircom re installed got the 1mb as dont really need any faster and its constantly good have to say vf are A nightmare please dont fall for there marketing tricks we switched to save the money but it tirned out it was no even worth it in the end !!

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭elchanco

jay93 wrote: »
    you must be on the eircom 1mb package are you??to be honest with vodafone things will get alot worse i switched from eircom to vf and could not get over 0.30mb download no matter what time of day it was and that was on a 3mb connection..anyways just got eircom re installed got the 1mb as dont really need any faster and its constantly good have to say vf are A nightmare please dont fall for there marketing tricks we switched to save the money but it tirned out it was no even worth it in the end !!
    I’m on the 1mb eircom package but I was offered a free upgrade to 3mb for 3months. It seems that I am not getting the 3mb at the moment.

To be honest I might stick with eircom just to avoid possible problems.
    Yes, Vodafone are cheaper & we are all watching our money lately but better the devil you know...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Fandango

I was with BT and then Vodafone when it transfered. Once it went to vodafone my line was going down every hour or so for about 60 seconds at a time. Also, the "up to 7.6Mb" or whatever it is, i was getting just below 3Mb in offpeak times. Depends on the area tho, im Dublin 14 and the Ballyboden exchange, others may be better. Im with UPC now and was a nightmare at the start but was caused by a cut in the line, told us when engineers were going to fix it and 30 mins later was great. On the 15Mb pack and getting 14 to 14.5Mb at peak times. Only with them about 4 weeks tho but loving it. BT were great also before Vodafone took over but then it was dodgy as hell!

Advertisement