Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hair tips for a guy

• 15-05-2010 7:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭

Hey all! Im planning on getting a haircut and Im looking for a change of style.

My hair is about this length now: ________________________

At this stage it very flat (sort of a Rodney Trotter look!) with no style. Im not exacty sure what layering is but would it thicken my hair and give it a bit more life? Is my hair long enough to get layered?

Not really sure what sort of a style to go for either so suggestions would be very much appricated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭danh789

Anyone able to offer some advice!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

I'd probably get it layered and then use a wax to fluff it up a bit. You should take some time out to mess around with it, see what suits you! What's the worst that could happen? :)

Does it need to be a certain length to get it layered?

danh789 wrote: »
    Does it need to be a certain length to get it layered?

I'd probably let it grow for another month or so, get another bit of length first and then go get it cut in to a style. If you find a picture of what you like you an bring it in with you and they can work from that :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭mstan

I'd probably let it grow for another month or so, get another bit of length first and then go get it cut in to a style. If you find a picture of what you like you an bring it in with you and they can work from that :)

What exactly is layering? what kind of a look does it give you?

• Advertisement

Its a kind of out of bed, rough look, but its actually attractive like :P

It's when different parts of the hair are cut to different lengths, makes the hair look textured and thick when otherwise it wouldn't be.

stalg4.jpg

This is the best picture I can find. This guys hair is long but it can be layered at most lengths once your hair isn't too short :)

Nice style, pity my hair is that long! Would a barber be reliable enough to do layering?

I'd go to hair dresser. Both of my brothers go to a hairdresser. It's a little more expensive but worth it if you ask me. :)

Advertisement