Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lions Club SATC2 night in aid of Clare Haven Refuge

• 15-05-2010 7:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

Hi everyone, and especially the ladies of Clare who are craving a glam night out. There's a SATC2 night happening in Ennis on Friday, 28 May at 19:00. Tis organised by Ennis Lions Club in aid of Clare Haven Refuge, so apart from being a great night out it is for a very worthy cause.
    It's basically a special viewing of Sex and the City 2 film in Empire Movieplex followed by champagne and cocktails at the "afterparty" in the Cloister. There are special prizes on the night sponsored by Cassidys Pharmacy, and everyone is encouraged to glam up to the max! Basically the ultimate girly night out :D

Tickets are €25 in advance from the cinema and are selling like hot cakes so get in there before they are all snapped up. Apparently it was a roaring success for the last SATC film so it's definitely one to look forward to biggrin.gif
    A link to the facebook event page here

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Claregirl

I've got my tickets and can't wait to get going!! Great night for a worthy cause.

I went to the last one which I think was in aid of Breast Cancer and I have to say I'm definitely not a fan of either the series or the film but I had a brilliant night!!

Felt very sorry for the four blokes that were there last time:D!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭roseym

Claregirl wrote: »
    Felt very sorry for the four blokes that were there last time:D!!!!

I'm amazed any fellas were there at all! Although when you think about it, it'd be the right place to go if you were a fella on the pull.

I'm going getting our tickets tonight. The film itself will prob be torturous but sure twill be worth it for the craic afterwards! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 149 ✭✭Niall_G

As 1 of the 4 (accompanied and not on the pull), I have to say it was a good night. Last year the cocktails were in Logue's, an easy red carpet walk from the cinema. Nothing against the Cloister, a fine venue, but it's a bit of a trek for a free cosmo. Or maybe I just need to wear those high heels more often.....

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭roseym

Niall_G wrote: »
    Or maybe I just need to wear those high heels more often.....

Well you know what they say, practice makes perfect :p

Tis moved to the Cloisters because it can hold the numbers better. Wasn't there last time, but apparently the night in Rogues was a tight squeeze.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Claregirl

Niall_G wrote: »
    As 1 of the 4 (accompanied and not on the pull), I have to say it was a good night. Last year the cocktails were in Logue's, an easy red carpet walk from the cinema. Nothing against the Cloister, a fine venue, but it's a bit of a trek for a free cosmo. Or maybe I just need to wear those high heels more often.....

Cosmo's cost €7.50 last night. Had to trek in high heels in the rain to the cloister and although much roomier than Rogues the atmosphere was lost as everyone was split up in different areas. Even the goody bags showed signs of the recession last time we got gorgeous body lotions and loads of goodies. This time out the best thing in the bag was a bar of Aero bubbles!!

Having said that I had a ball last night although it was the company I was in and not the overall event that did it for me!

• Advertisement
Advertisement