Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

security job in cork

Options
  • 15-05-2010 9:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭

I am just wondering if anyone on here knows of any club pub etc looking for security. I have a 14 week security course done and got my dsp and static licence. Unfortunately cant seem to find any work or even get interview for that matter. Seems like you have to know someone to get into a job. Help from anyone would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance

Comments

In fairness with the current economic climate they are not short of candidates, might be easier to get work in off licences, fast food outlets etc, less "glamourous" and more chance of someone getting stuck in though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Johnaldinioh

RoverJames wrote: »
    In fairness with the current economic climate they are not short of candidates, might be easier to get work in off licences, fast food outlets etc, less "glamourous" and more chance of someone getting stuck in though.

I would take work anywhere dont mind people getting stuck in as that something that goes with the territory . As for the current economic climate i was under the impression that security industry need more officers due to increased crime robbery etc . Makes sense to me .

I would take work anywhere dont mind people getting stuck in as that something that goes with the territory . As for the current economic climate i was under the impression that security industry need more officers due to increased crime robbery etc . Makes sense to me .

There is no shortage of folks looking for work is what I meant, lads that left the industry in recent years have flocked back to any work available as they have lost their jobs in manufacturing, building sites, car trade etc.

Best of luck anyway :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

Apologies for this isnt a jobs wanted forum

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement