Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

looking for female jack Russell pup.

Options
  • 15-05-2010 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

hi im looking for a female jack russell pup, im living in the offaly area, and i dont want to spend to much on one, does any know where i could get one, i checked all the sites on the net, and they are so dear, any help please

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

If you can't find anything online in the shelters/pounds give them a ring as litters come in regularly.

Unless your planning on breeding or showing you dog would you consider a rescue?.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭heavymetalrock

thanks for the reply, the dog is for my father, he is looking to breed,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

thanks for the reply, the dog is for my father, he is looking to breed,
    has he been always into breeding jack russells

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

hi im looking for a female jack russell pup, im living in the offaly area, and i dont want to spend to much on one, does any know where i could get one, i checked all the sites on the net, and they are so dear, any help please

whats your budget?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

i dont want to spend to much on one
    looking to breed,

these two statements contradict one another.

If you are looking to breed dogs, you should be making sure that you only breed the healthiest, best examples of the breed. Otherwise you are going to end up contributing sub-par dogs to an already existing oversupply.

• Advertisement

my father has been breeding dogs since i was small, i never buy a dog b 4 as my father always has , and im going to do more research on it,its surprise he doesn't know that im looking for one

my father has been breeding dogs since i was small, i never buy a dog b 4 as my father always has , and im going to do more research on it,its surprise he doesn't know that im looking for one

budget?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭morganafay

For a dog for breeding I think you should really go for a really good one, and even if it's a bit expensive, the puppies will be worth that bit much more then anyway. You need to go to a good breeder and get a healthy and well bred one

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

morganafay wrote: »
    For a dog for breeding I think you should really go for a really good one, and even if it's a bit expensive, the puppies will be worth that bit much more then anyway. You need to go to a good breeder and get a healthy and well bred one

you will have to have the papers for these dogs if you breed
    then you will be paying the higher
    also since you say you will be budgeting on price of dog
    it leads me to wonder will you be willing to vaccinate as this is 45 euro and that has to be done twice, also worming and food for puppies is dear if you want them to stay healthy

whats the most you would spend on a puppy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭funkyjebus

totally agree with this, as should any reputable breeder. only heathly ikc reg dogs should be bred from.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Are jack russells in the region of 100-200 per pup?
    If your father breeds them you should have an idea (as I assume he sells them).

Price of a pup depends on the breed, the parentage, if it's IKC reg'd etc.

Are Jack Russels a registered breed? I heard somewhere that they're not (only the Parson Russel) . . . ?

I don't know how much Jack Russels generally cost, but if I was going to breed, then I'd pay a high price for one. Like maybe just a little higher than what most people sell them for

i think generally what you'd pay for a jack russell is around the same you'd be required or asked to donate to a shelter
    i get the feeling you are looking for a free one or one going spare
    correct me if i'm wrong?

thanks for all the reply s ye have been a great help to me :)

amiable wrote: »
    i think generally what you'd pay for a jack russell is around the same you'd be required or asked to donate to a shelter
    i get the feeling you are looking for a free one or one going spare
    correct me if i'm wrong?

i dont think i would get one for free, as people want to make money on them and that s understandable .

i dont think i would get one for free, as people want to make money on them and that s understandable .

fair enough
    sorry
    well i'd imagine you'd get one for around100 euro which is cheap for a pure bread dog

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Are Jack Russels a registered breed? I heard somewhere that they're not (only the Parson Russel) . . . ?

I don't know how much Jack Russels generally cost, but if I was going to breed, then I'd pay a high price for one. Like maybe just a little higher than what most people sell them for

They only became recognised by the KC about 9 months ago as far as I know. The first litter was registered then and the pups were €350 each. I know a woman (a dog trainer) that has one of these pups. So I can never understand the countless ads online advertising Jack Russells with papers, registered etc when they weren't a recognised breed until recently.

I have two myself, both from shelters

They only became recognised by the KC about 9 months ago as far as I know. The first litter was registered then and the pups were €350 each. I know a woman (a dog trainer) that has one of these pups. So I can never understand the countless ads online advertising Jack Russells with papers, registered etc when they weren't a recognised breed until recently.

I'd say for half of the dogs advertised with papers, they say they'll send the papers on, and they never do.

I'd say for half of the dogs advertised with papers, they say they'll send the papers on, and they never do.

My neighbour just found one a few days ago. Lovely friendly little thing. If the owner doesn't come for her soon she's going to call the warden.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭CreedonsDogDayc

if you are getting a dog for a surprise for your dog, how do you know he will want it, and want to breed it?

Its a big commitment, and if he is no longer breeding dogs he may not want the hassle of getting back into it.

Advertisement