Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BSc Retail and Services Management Alumni- Where are you now?

Options
  • 15-05-2010 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭

Just finishing off this course and was wondering what type of jobs past students have gotten from this course (if there are any on boards :p)

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Oasis44

I actually did the MBS version of this course in DIT - i'm working as a recruitment and training officer for an insurance company.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 PDG88

hey ,

thinking of doing your course next sept.. have ordinary degree in management nearly completed.. is the course good ?? is it more marketing than management??

cheers
    pauric

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Oasis44

PDG88 wrote: »
    hey ,

thinking of doing your course next sept.. have ordinary degree in management nearly completed.. is the course good ?? is it more marketing than management??

cheers
    pauric

The MBS version of the course is heavily focused on the retail sector - so I would only recommend it if you are keen to work in that particular sector. And given how bad the recession has affected that sector I would seriously think twice about it. Maybe taking professional exams in something would do you more good than another degree. Thats what I did after the masters and my career took off. Degrees are good but IMO professional qualifications will have a more positive affect on your career.

Advertisement