Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you make your venetian blind safe?

Options
  • 15-05-2010 10:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Do you know there are four things you need to take to make your venetian blind safe? One, make sure there are no continuous loops, each cord should have a separate tassel. Two, cut the cords short. Three, install cord stops to prevent a child from pulling the cords from between the slats. Four, use a cleat to tie up your cords, particularly when you raise your blind.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Number 5, dont by a venetian blind if your gonna have kids or if you already have kids...........

NOt being smart but thats the way i look at it. I have roller blinds and i have to tie up the strings high as my 3 year old has a habbit of putting things around his neck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Zuppy2

Number 5, dont by a venetian blind if your gonna have kids or if you already have kids...........

What about all those people that have those types of blinds and don't know what to do with them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Zuppy2

Twelve children have died because of window blinds since 2005..........
    All of these have been with chain/cord operated roller and roman blinds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

NOt being smart but thats the way i look at it. I have roller blinds and i have to tie up the strings high as my 3 year old has a habbit of putting things around his neck.

Yep my own child did this at 3yrs old. Any piece of hanging string goes around the neck automatically. It just does for some mad reason! As I speak, I came home today and found that some child had slung a chord around a tree in my local area. It was and is now hanging in a loop close to the ground.

I am going to go out and cut it in the morning as some little kid could easily do some damage to themselves in a serious way via innocent play.

Advertisement