Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Squeaking/Squealing Caps

Options
  • 15-05-2010 10:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭

My 4890 has developed some SERIOUSLY annoying squealing caps under load. Now I know myself its nothing dangerous but its annoying on a cards that's not that old.

Anyway, I know most PSU & Graphics manufacturers will accept this and RMA your card, but I wouldn't like to get into the whole RMA with Powercolor. I picked up this card in October in Peats, do you reckon they would replace it if I brought it back ?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Deano12345 wrote: »
    My 4890 has developed some SERIOUSLY annoying squealing caps under load. Now I know myself its nothing dangerous but its annoying on a cards that's not that old.

Anyway, I know most PSU & Graphics manufacturers will accept this and RMA your card, but I wouldn't like to get into the whole RMA with Powercolor. I picked up this card in October in Peats, do you reckon they would replace it if I brought it back ?

Doubt it. They'd send it off and have it repaired.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Deano12345

Doubt it. They'd send it off and have it repaired.

Brought it back yesterday and they will check with the head office before deciding what they will do, they are supposed to ring today.

Advertisement